Author Topic: Do these Fresno look right?  (Read 2172 times)

knottygal

• Not So New ...
Do these Fresno look right?
« on: July 18, 2011, 23:08:35 »
Growing these Fresno in the polytunnel for the first time - a lottie neighbour who is much more experienced than me insists they are hot wax as he says the Fresno are dark green, ripening to red - the seed packet says Fresno tho and I haven't bought any hot wax seed - do they look as they should, there is very little heat to taste at the moment, assume they will get hotter as they ripen?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 23:12:14 by knottygal »

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
Re: Do these Fresno look right?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:27:06 »
They don't look anything like the fresno I grew last year, which were jalapeno shaped, dark green ripening to red and were pendulous, not erect on the stem.  They were also a bit hotter than a jalapeno while green and got hotter as they ripened.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:29:11 by Uncle_Filthster »

knottygal

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 18:39:36 »
Thanks for the reply Uncle - maybe he's right then! The seed was from Wilkies, Greenhouse favourites collection.
The aubs, cukes, 2 types of tom and bell peppers from the packet are all as expected but I seem to have a pack of rogue chillis then!

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 00:16:15 »
Forgot to add that I've seen a few different fresno varieties for sale (e.g. super fresno) so perhaps you have one of those varieties and they've just been labelled as fresno for short.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal