Author Topic: Burnt leek soup  (Read 867 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Burnt leek soup
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:58:59 »
Pulled up some leeks, and thought leek soup. My lovely leeks that I have been watering that Manuel gave me last year.  So made some, left it on a low gas and went in the garden and got a bit distracted, came back in and it had boiled over.  Cleaned the top of the cooker, and added a bit more milk.  Set timer.   Had a bowl for lunch and it tasted quite good, so thought will have another helping before going to the allotment.  Thought I had turned the gas off, so went upstairs to check my emails and go on this site.  Then I smelt burning, and it was bad and smoke.  Went downstairs and hadn't turned the gas off, so had burnt my new saucepan (Xmas present, OH very generous), and all the soup.  Went round to the corner soup to buy a metal scourer and two boys had left their bikes on the pavement in front of the shop so I couldn't get in without climbing over them.  Told them off as in a bad mood, and they were very apologetic (didn't knife me)  ;D ;D ;D ;D and told them about my burnt saucepan and one said he had learnt at school to clean it with washing up liquid and sugar.  Went home and cleaned the saucepan and it worked.  Cleaned the cooker again, and washed up the blender and mixing bowl.  Next time think I will buy a tin of leek soup.  Fed up from Enfield, the thing that cheered me up with the helpfulness of the boys I told off.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Re: Burnt leek soup
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 12:05:22 »
Obviously 2 very well brought up boys. There are plenty around & it's lovely to hear about them ;D.

petengade

• Acre
Re: Burnt leek soup
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 13:32:00 »
Be safe get a smoke alarm fitted, trouble is mine goes off when cooking roast potatoes as I like mine well done

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal