Author Topic: advice needed/help needed RE:- dwarf kilm\rnock willow.  (Read 1423 times)

compo49

• Half Acre
Hello.
I moved properties 6months ago and brought some of my established plants with me to put in the garden at my new home.
The problem i have is my dwarf kilmarnock willow which is about 3yrs old now, i could not replant it straight away what with moving in and also decorating and i am also my wife's full time carer.
I planted it in November and it seemed to be doing OK and it had buds forming when i moved it , i know it was a bad winter but some of the buds did start to open and willow/catkins start to come  in January, but since then no more have opened and when i have tested some of the buds they just break off also quite a lot of the branches have gone woody and brittle and broken off too.
The rest of the branches are green and have fresh buds forming , the point is do you think it may survive ? as i know the best time to move plants is in the autumn or early spring as they are either dormant saving their energy over winter and in early spring is before they start to come back to grow fresh growth.
I am thinking i have upset it and it is semi dormant and it seasons are back to front somehow with being moved.
I also have a couple of other bush/plants a bit out of sinc! 1 is a flame of the forest that is about 3 weeks behind as its only just starting to go red at the tips !
All help is appreciated. Regards Malcolm

daitheplant

• Acre
Re: advice needed/help needed RE:- dwarf kilm\rnock willow.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 20:46:06 »
Malcolm, as they are still showing life I would say, leave them alone for this year. Apart from making sure they don`t die for the lack of water I would let them get on with it and see what happens. :)
DaiT

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: advice needed/help needed RE:- dwarf kilm\rnock willow.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 20:07:07 »
Keep it well watered and hope for the best!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal