Author Topic: Please Miss  (Read 7781 times)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Please Miss
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 11:16:11 »
A bit of rain here too at last.  Took ages until any went into the water butts, the roof tiles held on to the moisture for a long time.  Just been outside and tipped about 100mil out of a muck bucket in the garden.  Not a lot, but better than nothing.

Sun is out again now.  We need more urgently and the shower water has been recycled too.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 12:17:01 »
Ahhh..day is grey and dull and its raining!!!! ;D ;D Lovely.. ;D

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2011, 10:07:10 »
Had some night rain for the last 3 nights so it could be worse. That was teh first for a month, more or less, except a shower here and there. Funnily enough despite it all the crop is growing excellently, and I already have strawberries...  I did some hand watering but not religiously, just once or twice a week.

Farmers round my way are starting to get desperate though.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Mrs Gumboot

• Acre
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 11:51:42 »
Wooo!! Rain!!!

Never been so glad to get wet! Three or four good showers & more forecast for this aft. Checked butts this morning & all three nice & full. Only problem was that the running repairs to number three to level it up have made it worse. Bent the base & it was leaning on a crazy angle. Spent fifteen minutes trying to re-level it this morning, only now it's harder cos the base is bent. Goodness only knows whether I've made it better or worse. Moral of the story is if you haven't got time to think about what you're doing, leave it for later.  ::)

Have had to empty it all into old bins & buckets to sort it out. Happily this now means that I've got an empty water butt to catch this afternoon's forecast rain. Silver lining and everything  ;D

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2011, 12:32:08 »
Looking at a seed tray I left outside for precisely this purpose I reckon we had somewhere between 3/4 of an inch and an inch in my bit of Swindon't..... Onions (and weeds) and sweetcorn on the plot seem much happier for it, at home the fruit i planted out, especially the cherry trees and the strawberries have perked up a fair bit. Hopefully the ground will still be feeling the benefits next week when I'm due to dig the other two veg beds in teh garden.....

chrisc

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2011, 14:36:03 »
flamin' great hailstones in Wigan at the moment  ::)

Barkie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2011, 18:37:39 »
Dear gods, now it has started and it doesn't know when to stop.  ???

Morris

• Acre
  • This is Morris! North Hampshire
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 21:09:39 »
Yeay, rain at last, we had half an inch on Friday night and then  a further 3/4 inch (measured in rain gauge) on Saturday in north Hampshire. I am not sure if it's my imagination but it seems everything has doubled in size in a couple of days. My mother, who was staying with us for the weekend, was very sorry to go back to Essex and find no rain at all there yet.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 21:11:41 »
 and we have your sun for a few days..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Morris

• Acre
  • This is Morris! North Hampshire
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 21:20:22 »
That seems a fair swap, Jeannine! Hope you are enjoying the sunshine and it stays with you for a nice long time now.  :)

Barkie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011, 11:33:48 »
Yeay, rain at last, we had half an inch on Friday night and then  a further 3/4 inch (measured in rain gauge) on Saturday in north Hampshire. I am not sure if it's my imagination but it seems everything has doubled in size in a couple of days. My mother, who was staying with us for the weekend, was very sorry to go back to Essex and find no rain at all there yet.

I'm imagining things have put on some height and bulk in the last few days too ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal