Author Topic: horse tail  (Read 15387 times)

gazzaroo

• Quarter Acre
Re: horse tail
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 22:02:56 »
we,v had are allotments just under 2 years now , we started with now,t  just weeds up to my knee's and lots of horsetail. we'v dug it out and dug it out and dug it out. we.v rounded up time and time again. i don't this year is as bad as last year but it coming up hard now..now am trying to take it out with this stuff kurtail and going around with a hand held watter sprayer just hitting the horsetail am going to stop pulling it up cos every little bit left behind when pulling up seems even more :o 

stargazer

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 22:06:32 »
Is it safe to put horsetail/marestail on the compost heap?

gazzaroo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 22:23:04 »
no don't..burn it,, i burn it all using old wood and making pot ash for the veg beds 

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 05:26:12 »
Cheers for that Gazz, the marestail has really took hold, I can see now why you sprayed it, I had visions of it being like mine spread about but no problem for planting in, but I can see yours is a lot worse, when winter digging I found quite a few deab bits and bagged them up but you won't see it growing until early spring, April was when mine was popping up, I hoe mine deep and chop off and bag and bin all of mine.   ???
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

stargazer

• Not So New ...
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 16:31:11 »
no don't..burn it,, i burn it all using old wood and making pot ash for the veg beds 

Ah. Well I know what I'll be doing at the weekend then ::)

gazzaroo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 15:25:03 »
hi guys just an update on my war with horsetail..its about 4 weeks now and the horsetail is dead its just snaps like a twig ..yeep eee im runing around my plots with a my sparer kill of the little bits coming  thew.working and my veg.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal