Author Topic: Will & Kate  (Read 6156 times)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
Re: Will & Kate
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 14:47:03 »
oh God, the Olympics! It's just one d**n thing after another  :D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 17:44:57 »
I think I might campain to get the bloody tower back up and running.  :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 19:17:44 »
Pray for fine weather, turn the TV off & enjoy the garden

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 19:41:02 »
You guys!! Last year we had the  Winter Olympics, the whole coiuntry was excited, folks were wearing the Canadaian logo. kids in school were doing programmes about it, volunteers were in the hundreds to help out. The feeling was one of  electricity all over the city and the country. I didn`t hear ant negativity anywhere. I am baffled here.

Why the negativity , I am not trying to be rude, truly, but why should the feelings be so different.

Surely it is an honour for the city and the country , one I would think the folks would be completely behind.

I don`t understand.

Is there something I am missing.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 05:34:27 »
Please be rude Jeannine, some people are never happy unless they're moaning about something, it makes my fu##ing blood boil sometimes.    >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 06:11:24 »
You guys!! Last year we had the  Winter Olympics, the whole coiuntry was excited, folks were wearing the Canadaian logo. kids in school were doing programmes about it, volunteers were in the hundreds to help out. The feeling was one of  electricity all over the city and the country. I didn`t hear ant negativity anywhere. I am baffled here.

Why the negativity , I am not trying to be rude, truly, but why should the feelings be so different.

Surely it is an honour for the city and the country , one I would think the folks would be completely behind.

I don`t understand.

Is there something I am missing.

XX Jeannine

It is not the actual Olympics, but the coverage that gets people down. When some peoples diet of Coronation street and East enders gets messed about to fit in a sporting event, they get very indignent. I suspect they cannot deal with real life, they live their lives according to soap operas, and very sad lives they are.

I shall be cheering them on, even though sport ain't really my bag.

Those rozzers at the wedding were a bit over the top, they would not let me in because I was improperly dressed with in my clean jeans and Will and Kate T shirt. They also wanted to confiscate my 4 pack of McEwans export and my cheese and onion sarnies. I showed them my bus pass but they would not accept it as identification. I shan't bother next time when he gets married again.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 06:56:44 »
No Jeannine your not missing anything.  I think Ace as hit the nail on the head partly.  The british have over the decades got in the habit that the glass is half empty, rather than half full.  So many seem to always look on the dark side about things, then when it goes wrong they get the chance to say ''I told you so''.  Fortunatly there are still a lot of things that are great about this country.  When we get to the actual day we will do the right thing as we always do. 
Hope your weathers improving, we could sure do with some rain here!!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 07:31:03 »
You wan't catch me moaning about the Olympics - and I'm not exactly the most sporting of individuals. We've gone for tickets in the Canoe Slalom (near Kev's house - get the kettle on!), Diving, Athletics & Gymnastics. A great chance for the kids to see what can be achieved through determination and dedication - and an inspiration to all of us.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 07:59:03 »
The Olympics?  Of course people have every right to get excited about a bunch of drug-crazed halfwits chasing each other in circles.  It's not one of my interests, but if it's yours, well, fill your boots!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 09:21:17 »
"a bunch of drug-crazed halfwits chasing each other in circles" - That's the event I'm looking forward to the most - The Generation X Conga.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 09:36:53 »
I'm looking forward to the paralympics, I've been watching the show on saturday afternoons, their enthusiasm is catching  ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 21:37:49 »
 I like the opening and closing ceremonies but the bit in between is boring  ;D

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 21:54:21 »
Is it really worth £9 billion just to p1ss off the French?

we could have had some new Aircraft Carriers

HMS We Invented Champagne   and
HMS You Set Fire To Joan Of Arc

we could even have some money over to have some planes for them

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal