Author Topic: Christmas has come early for me!!  (Read 4771 times)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: Christmas has come early for me!!
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 12:39:51 »
Yes Delilah, and you can get your own back, by describing the soil, your weed problems, your planting plans, methods for coping with all the pests, in fact you could go on, and on, and on ...

And then there is a week by week progress report to give ...  ;D

Derekthefox :D

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 21:21:15 »
I could go on and on and I WILL go on and on - and you never know he may be converted ;D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 22:25:51 »
The key question perhaps, is do you want him to be converted ... my OH leaves the allotment to me, she shows interest when I point out details on the twice a year she visits ... I like it being my own bit of private space .

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 22:36:40 »
My lotty is the only time me and OH spend any leisure time together.  He potters and I grow things  :)  He was dismissive of my getting a plot at first but I'd paid the rent on it and so it was a done deal.  It was my project but he likes to take over and so was soon there dishing out orders  ;D  Strimmed it in no time he did - bless  ;D  He's been really supportive though and he loves it now as much as I do.  He bought me loads of lotty stuff for my birthday and emailed me from work today to ask if I wanted thermal socks for Christmas to match the wellies I had for my birthday.  He's so considerate  ;D  He's getting stressed at work and has not been to plot for weeks so I think he's overdue for a visit  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 22:52:37 »
Congrats to you Neil ;D

DtF - yes I am a Golf Widow - I've learnt to sit patiently listening to descriptions of every shot taken, which club he used, how far it was from the pin, whether he duffed it or not, did he hook it or slice it? 

Now I've got Lotty though the plan is for him to become a Allotment Widower!!!!!! ;D
It's alright Delilah - I don't play golf and I am not that far down the A15  ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 08:58:07 »
 ;D

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 09:08:41 »
Delilah - you've missed a stage in your OH's training!   Mine plays golf too but is not allowed post-mortems and, now that we have a child, also restricts himself to one or two outings a month.   I only know he's done well if he comes home clutching a ghastly trophy or a bottle of wine for his prize.  He also spends at least one evening a week on the PC - after her bed-time - as he is the handicap secretary and website manager.   It's an itinerant golf for English speaking players of many nationalities and is run by a committee of its members.   
Obxx - Vendée France

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 09:31:39 »
I have a cunning plan, by listening to him patiently then in theory he has to give me the same respect ;D

I have to say in all honesty he isn't too bad, he plays golf every Sunday morning or Saturday afternoon, depending on what the rest of the family are doing therefore fitting in around us - it does go a little mental during June and July when most of the competions are at their height.  If he gets his golfing time then if does de-stress him consequently making him much happier and easier to live with :)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 11:21:08 »
Yes and us blokes definitely need our destress time ...  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal