Author Topic: Outstanding Rent and how to get it  (Read 2488 times)

TividaleJo

• Quarter Acre
Outstanding Rent and how to get it
« on: April 26, 2011, 22:43:40 »
Just wondering how many people out there struggled to get rent due from plot holders?
Our rents were all due 25th march but as we had the AGM on 2nd April it was decided that it would be better for it all to come in then and all but 2 plot holders paid (best AGM turnout in about 5 yrs).
I have called the plot holders on numerous occasions at random times just to remind them but never have they answered for me to talk to them, i have resulted in sending reminder letters out but as yet am still waiting to here from them (7 Days)
How long do i have to wait before i can do something as i have a waiting list of people who do want plots and want to work them (neither plot holder was seen more than twice on site last year and the plots are starting to not look good)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply

xx
Joanne

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: Outstanding Rent and how to get it
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 23:05:50 »
like this

[attachment=1]

;)
You couldn't make it up!

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 14:18:16 »
I have not paid my rent yet, due to financial strain (despite knowing it was due for some time).

I received a letter saying that if it was not paid by 5th April then it would be taken that I no longer want my plot and my tenancy will be ended.

If you need a copy of it I'll dig it out for wording etc if you want.

Now, off to the train station with my flute and hat  ;)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 21:54:22 »
We have a 2 week window for plotholders to pay rent.  (Sat, Sun & Wed evenings.  Plus it can be paid any working day at the town council over the same period.)  After 2 weeks a letter is sent to debtors stating plots will be reallocated in 28 days of the date if the letter if rent is not paid.  Letters are sent registered so they have to be signed for.  This way people cannot say they never received the letter.   Be prepared to stand your ground and reallocate on the 29th day if required.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

TividaleJo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 22:26:42 »
Thanks to you all, i was hoping they would get in touch and give me a reason for none payment but no more mrs nice lady i think!

Dandytowwn how did you get on with your flutes?
Joanne

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 06:37:14 »
ON out site members are given 40 days If they have`nt paid by them they are kicked off

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 07:28:18 »
Our fees are due on January 1st. The cut-off date is January 31st or the AGM, whichever is the later. (The AGM is normally the first week in February, and in practice quite a few members pay then.)

Anyone who hasn't paid by the AGM gets a phone call or email from me and/or the Treasurer to remind them. If they haven't paid by March 1st they get a goodbye letter. (At least, they would in theory - after four years, we now have everyone trained!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal