Author Topic: Justice verses Revenge  (Read 1169 times)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Justice verses Revenge
« on: May 23, 2011, 19:55:15 »
I would like to know exactly what people think is the difference between the two.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: Justice verses Revenge
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 08:11:15 »
very topical question PH ! And I'd love to hear from any of any N American's about this, as, I could be wrong here, there does seem to be a culture of revenge, or at least wanting revenge in N America. I'm sure there are lots of people who don't want revenge, are pacifists etc, but the message we get in the press is of a revengeful and angry society.

To me revenge is like being a spiteful brat, wanting to get their own back.

I see revenge as going into Iraq on trumped up "evidence" as pure revenge for 2001 twin Towers, I also see killing Bin Laden as a revengeful act

Justice would be going through the courts

:)

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 08:24:23 »
Justice or revenge

Justice i think is something rather British, the right person is punished for any ill doing they may have committed

Revenge, American style justice, they are not particular bothered who gets punished just as long as some one gets punished
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:12:33 »
Justice is getting a fair end to a problem be it in court or otherwise and  if punishment is involved then it is fair and fits the problem.

Revenge is a personal need to get back at your offender or make him pay,and for the person who seeks revenge they usually want the extreme solution.

Justice is accepted by most fair minded folks wheres the same folks would not contemplate revenge as a n option.

Revenge is not something I could consider, I am a pacifist.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 09:34:08 »
Justice is a way of enacting revenge whilst hiding behind the 'morality' of the law.

The days of the British justice system always punishing the right person for the right reasons are over, indeed if they ever existed in the first place.
Best laid plans and all that

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:02 »
Revenge is giving way to evil acts and then dressing them us as 'justice'.  If mankind could only forget the injustices of the past and stop seeking 'revenge' this world would be a better place for all.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal