Author Topic: Chris Bowers Summer Madness Fruit tree Sale! URGENT!  (Read 13107 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Chris Bowers Summer Madness Fruit tree Sale! URGENT!
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 11:06:22 »
It is always useful to hear about experiences with plant companies, both good and bad. As I pointed out in my second post on this thread, I suspect they do not have a huge number of people running the business, the lady who took my order was definitely a bit stressed! However, in my case (and I have ordered raspberry canes from them before) I have personally had two satisfactory shopping experiences with them.

In your case though, I think I would write a letter detailing your complaint and stating what your expectation of a satisfactory outcome is, i.e. either replace the plants at an appropriate timing to plant them, or refund you, or else consider else going down the small claims route which can be done on line and it very easy to do now. I would also mention you have posted about you situation on this site and will be posting what their response is: I know this doesn't seem like much of a threat, but I was surprised when I said this to one company I had a dispute with about an order and they accused me of threatening them! But they then refunded my money as a 'goodwill gesture'! Negative publicity can be very powerful.....l!

One of the main problems with purchasing plants online is the timings; if the plants do not arrive in time you lose the opportunity to plant or sow at the right time and that sometimes cannot be regained. It may be that the company intend to send you plants at the correct planting time this year, ie winter if they were bare rooted: but they need to comminicate with you if that is the case. Let us know how you get on.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Chris Bowers Summer Madness Fruit tree Sale! URGENT!
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 11:24:32 »
I would also mention you have posted about you situation on this site and will be posting what their response is: I know this doesn't seem like much of a threat, but I was surprised when I said this to one company I had a dispute with about an order and they accused me of threatening them! But they then refunded my money as a 'goodwill gesture'! Negative publicity can be very powerful.....l!

If you do this, it needs to be absolutely factual and not stray into libel territory that might cause problems for Dan or the site.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal