Author Topic: What a pity it was yesterdays weather forecast.  (Read 1425 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
What a pity it was yesterdays weather forecast.
« on: April 11, 2011, 13:55:15 »
I have just watched the weather on BBC and it is showing a direct hit of rain any moment now. 

Went onto the Met Office Radar map and it about 60 miles further north.   No chance of rain at all.   Not only have they not got the latest information it seems to be 24 hours old, no wonder they get it wrong so often.

Surely the BBC could upload the information directly from Met Office site and so be bang up to date to within half an hour.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
Re: What a pity it was yesterdays weather forecast.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 14:46:40 »
I look at the forecast on the BBC website and it is a complete waste of time.  It asks you for your postcode but why it bothers is a mystery.  I put in LE11 and it says Here is the forecast for East Midlands Airport (OK, not too far away) then it tells you that the observation station is in Watnall which is blooming miles away and the weather is significantly different.

But they have given out a frost warning for tonight - interesting to see if we get one.  We got one on Saturday night but there was no warning.  The BBC is useless, as you say they should just put a link up the the Met Office or even some Horoscope site, that would be more predictive.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: What a pity it was yesterdays weather forecast.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 17:11:49 »
I use weatherwherever and recieve Enfield's daily weather by email with a four day fourcast, but its rarely spot on.   ???
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal