Author Topic: Mice problem  (Read 2762 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Mice problem
« on: March 04, 2011, 15:13:46 »
I have mice in my greenhouse at home.  I have put down 2 traps and they still manage to nick the food off it,  rat poison is also down and I have moved stuff around .  I see one most days  plus the mound of soil like mini mole hills that they dig up.  Any other ideas to get rid.  I am not an eco warrior so will try any method. ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

petengade

• Acre
Re: Mice problem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 17:13:57 »
I put some sweet corn seed in a tray of water to soak, next morning it was gone,  put more in and a mouse trap also, caught him , I guess it was the weight of his diving gear that  set the trap off  ;D  my trap has a hair trigger and takes time and swear words to set, have cauht four up to now.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 17:26:47 »
Mice actually follow their own smell trail when fiding food..so if you would spray around the greenhouse base inside and outside with something smelly like Jeyes Fluid it often keeps the bleeders away as they cannot smell their trail anymore.. ;) You might have to do this couple times a week to keep the smell on and them to forget where the food is. Once weather warm up they often loose interest as there is food elsewhere, its the cold that brings them in..
We do this around our sheds and been doing it for some years where we keep veg stored..and 'touch wood' so far so good..

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 11:25:01 »
Sorted.  Got one yesterday afternoon,  another was there this morning.  So the trap is reset.  They just can't resist...... mars bars.  Still got the same piece on the trap so it is working well.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 12:07:53 »
If anyone still has problems I can recommend a watering can.  Put the chocolate in the bottom, block up the spout and block 90% of the top and then build a ladder up from the ground, books are good in a house I expect you have a piece of wood they can run up.  A bucket will do for a hanster but mice can jump out. 

Once they get in they cannot get out.  I once caught three in one nigjht.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 14:36:29 »
If anyone still has problems I can recommend a watering can.  Put the chocolate in the bottom, block up the spout and block 90% of the top and then build a ladder up from the ground, books are good in a house I expect you have a piece of wood they can run up.  A bucket will do for a hanster but mice can jump out. 

Once they get in they cannot get out.  I once caught three in one nigjht.

Great idea Digeroo,thanks I shall try this one. My little furry friend is being a right nuisance in my greenhouse,I have got things netted/covered but that in itself is a blinking nuisance. I buried a large glass jar,put a little skinny bridge across it with a peanut on...blinkin mouse ate the nut and the BRIDGE fell in the jar,but no mouse....he is out smarting me and its now war!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 15:51:27 »
I have mice in my greenhouse at home.  I have put down 2 traps and they still manage to nick the food off it,  rat poison is also down and I have moved stuff around .  I see one most days  plus the mound of soil like mini mole hills that they dig up.  Any other ideas to get rid.  I am not an eco warrior so will try any method. ;D

SHOT GUN  ;D ;D ;D
i don't belive death is the end

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 19:46:11 »
Got 9 within 5 days so I am well pleased.  Had no more this past 2 weeks or so.  Same piece of marsbar is still on the trap - not even nibbled.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal