Author Topic: Price of a Pizza  (Read 1836 times)

pntalbot

• Half Acre
Price of a Pizza
« on: March 26, 2011, 09:53:35 »
Just  read in todays Daily  Mail that the Markup for Domino Margurita Pizza`s  is  900%. To make it  is  £1.25 and retail is  £12.49, Profit is  £11.24.
I realize they have  Overheads,  but this is an excessive Price to have to Pay--  so buy at the Supermarkets. Are the chaps delivering the Pizza`s  to our houses paid  by the hour  or do they receive a payment for each Pizza delivered-- any  Pizza delivery people out there ? ?

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
Re: Price of a Pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:00:21 »
That's why there are so many pizza companies out there.

Why not make your own, it's even cheaper.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:02:00 »
Make yer own pizza - very cheap and very easy. Prolly costs a couple of quid.
Personally I don't believe much that comes out of the Mail but it is well known that the pizza business hass a huge markup - remeber hearing some exec on a radio four a while back.  It's also an industry that grows in a down turn!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

aj

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 10:06:35 »
We have pizza on a friday - home made. Half a kilo of flour makes 6 decent sized pizzas; and with home grown tomato sauce; all you need is £2 worth of mozarella - so 6 pizzas for about £2.50.

And they taste better as well...

darren2007

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:09:36 »
i work for a catering company and the company where we get most of our stock was saying he now has taken all his pizza shop accounts from monthly to weekly payed as the cost of cheese and flour has gone sky high even drums of veg oil have doubled in price since last year now nearly 25 pound a drum .
also i make my own pizza and think they taste much nicer when made your own hands

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 19:59:38 »
I do make my own Pizzas but have noticed that most of the supermarkets sell a load of decent looking pizzas for much less than the cost of these delivery companies.

If I was having an 'at home' and gathering in a few bottles to drink. I would certainly get a ready made pizza  or so  from the same supermarket. They take such a short time to cook. Heat them up myself.

After a few tipples, the hunger pangs sneak in and just about anything tastes great. So buy in and get one of those timer things which make a loud noise. Then set it when putting the Pizza in . Works better than depending on the smoke alarm going off.

Garlic bread simple to make too.

Organisation can save a fortune.

Seemingly youngsters say. 'You get the booze and I will order the Pizzas'.

Now money is not a great thing to discuss but I suggest that when you next have an ' at home' Every one pays in £5 per person. That will cover the cost of a bottle of a cheap bottle of wine each and a ready made pizza.

Otherwise. You get the guests to bring the booze and you get the pizzas in and heat them up.

pumkinlover

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 20:02:38 »
Make our own now, well nearly- I use the pizza dough programme on the breadmaker ;)
then own toppings!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 20:06:09 »
Bah Humbug... Pizza is sadly off the menu here...

Has anyone else noticed the posts are still being listed in GMT...  :-X

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 21:37:18 »

Has anyone else noticed the posts are still being listed in GMT...  :-X

Most of us struggle to remember what year/month/day it is.

:P

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 23:26:52 »
We have Iceland pizzas only a £1, a couple of them and a bottle of coke and the kids are happy ;D

demelzah

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 23:38:41 »
i make my own, kids love doing plus they get to try thing that they wouldnt usually eat.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal