Author Topic: Heating Allowance  (Read 4518 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Heating Allowance
« on: March 25, 2011, 23:51:55 »
 Yet again that sneaky swine the chancellor, has robbed from the seniors again taking £50 off the heating allowance. No announcement in the budget he was deducting it just left to the papers to let us know.  This government stinks. 

powerspade

• Hectare
Re: Heating Allowance
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 06:01:37 »
He`s also cut the way pensions are going to be calculated also Pension Credit is frozen. With all these changes and the low rate of interest on my savings I`m now going to be £25.00 a week worse off leaving me with just £132.00 income of which £43.00 goes in gas and Electric. C Tax £18.00 etc by the time I pay all my "got to pay bills" I shall be left with £14.85 per week for food, cloths and other little luxuries. My allotment has always been my hobby but now it has become a necessity.  Having said that when I`m on my plot I am contented.

bluecar

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:54:11 »
Does any one know how pensions are changing?

Regards

Bluecar

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 08:38:26 »
Has anyone looked at moneysavingexpert, Martin has a few ways to save on bills and stuff?
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 08:46:53 »
Does any one know how pensions are changing?

Regards

Bluecar

Yes, they are restoring index linking instead of the pathetic 75p here or there that Labour gave.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 09:12:22 »
Nip down the charity shop and get a nice overcoat to wear indoors. Why lag the whole house when you can lag yourself. Or do the same as me and live somewhere warmer. Plenty of room down here we don't have to live back to back like the frozen wastelands of the north. As for pensions instead of blowing your cash down the pub invest a bit for later, or again, like me get a younger wife who is still capable of earning a decent wage to keep me in the style I am accustomed to.

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 09:59:03 »
The power companies are meant to be introducing social tariffs for the over 60s and disabled people, BUT they deny all knowledge of it if you ring them up, you have to be insistent that these tariffs do exist.

http://www.energychoices.co.uk/social-tariffs.html

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 18:45:58 »
So why on earth should we have to sort out which company charges us less?

The gas and electricity comes from the same place no matter what. We can not choose it all comes through the meter.

Most people live in the same size house how can it be so much different?

The government can legislate that a therm or kilowat has to cost 'X'. 

Let us force them to do so.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 19:13:31 »
like me get a younger wife who is still capable of earning a decent wage to keep me in the style I am accustomed to.

Ace what happens if the lovely Mrs Ace decides she would like to be a cougar?

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 19:44:05 »
The power companies are meant to be introducing social tariffs for the over 60s and disabled people, BUT they deny all knowledge of it if you ring them up, you have to be insistent that these tariffs do exist.

http://www.energychoices.co.uk/social-tariffs.html

Even if you get on one, many of these deals are not very good and often beaten by going to money supermarket or smiilar  :(

Most people live in the same size house how can it be so much different?

The government can legislate that a therm or kilowat has to cost 'X'. 

Only one factor matters, how much you use, personnally 3 bed semi £12 per month but I turn the heating off most of the time. So the house size is not the only factor and making thrifty or poor users pay for extravagant or high users makes little sense.

Better to legislate to prevent higher charging per a unit for low users. You wouldn't fix supermarket prices even if the goods come from the same source so why gas/electricity?
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 20:03:20 »
Gosh. That is cheap.

What else is keeping you warm?

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 20:41:31 »
OH, duvet, thermals this winter, bloodymindedness, not being in much....

Currently 16 degrees downstairs but half the windows are open upstairs and heating hasn't been on since friday night.

The house never seems to get warm anyway so after getting a surprise £350 bill it got turned off and left off unless it actually really cold.

Then again still got the summerweight 4 tog duvet on the bed......
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal