Author Topic: NEW POTATOES  (Read 1601 times)

rugbypost

• Hectare
NEW POTATOES
« on: June 27, 2011, 22:09:11 »
Very good year for the humble potatoe in Pontypidd but taste wise very very bland  the international kidney loverly size great  yieald  rocket every potateo was huge no flowers on either plant  it was just pot luck last  weekend O/H said have a look good job she did was hoping for a waxy potateo any ideas for next year >:(
m j gravell

powerspade

• Hectare
Re: NEW POTATOES
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:30:46 »
New Spuds over here in the Rhymney valley doing pretty good too. Started lifting Pentland Javeline this past couple of weeks. Good crop very tasty. Main crop  Maris Piper and Desiree looking healthy hope that I miss the blight this year. I had a real problem with blight this past 3 years

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 20:12:20 »
New Spuds over here in the Rhymney valley doing pretty good too. Started lifting Pentland Javeline this past couple of weeks.

My Pentland javelin have been smaller than charlotte.  As a first early, they have been disappointing this year as I usually grow them to a size that can be used for baking but this year I am eating my 2nd earlies prior to my first.......  As the tops are now dieing I may have to settle for small P/J spuds this year.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

willsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 22:07:30 »
I was really late in planting my potatoes this year middle of April I recall. But Rocket potatoes all harvested and good size. Excellent steamed and tasty. My friend said her's were taste- less. Because of all the rain we have had I dug up some Maris Peer, small 2nds but I dont care as long as they taste good. Ann

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal