Author Topic: Site Supervisor  (Read 18508 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: Site Supervisor
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 08:29:54 »
I reckon they are on about Bettys scarecrow that is sitting by the entrance to the allotment. The description fits ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

twins 59

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 08:48:01 »
It isnt right to do this to a person just because
there face doesnt fit,let people enjoy the allotment.
It sounds like to me there is SOUR GRAPES
Twins59..

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 09:52:33 »
Nodig..if you get upset about scarecrow..that might even look bit like you..I think you need to find a some sence of humour and grow bit thicker skin.
The stuff people of say about me on our lotties I take it as a bit of laugh..and take mickey out of them in equal way and nobody gets upset about it...nor I even think of trying to get rid of them..
Now if somebody is being pure 'pregnant dog' that maybe a different matter, but it still doesn't give a ground for eviction.
Maybe being site supervisor is not quite right 'job' for you... :-\
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:19:44 by goodlife »

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 10:17:27 »
 ::)
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:25 »
 ;D I noticed the auto correct has changed one of the words into "bregnant dog" ;D ;D..sorry for using such a word.. :-X

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 10:32:26 »
Nodig I dont understand why you would be so viscious to someone who is just trying to grow some veg!
A scarecrow is definitely not household waste. If your posts are a wind up I think you should stop because if I had seen posts like yours when I first found the A4A site it really would have put me off.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 10:46:04 »
They are biting well today. Just a few ideas to throw at your 'committee'. If the bloke you don't like is growing brassicas, carrots, spuds and tomatoes. Snitch on him and tell the 'committee' that  he is attracting carrot fly, cabbage white butterflys and blight onto the site. Also if he is growing egyptian onions, they could be collaborating to take over the site.

If it is a proper 'committee' you are complaining to, they should come up with some new rules, like growing all the afforementioned veggies out of season so the pests will not affect your crops and banning the bloke from the allotments if there is an R in the month.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 11:17:58 »
Nodig cant you get back to growing your veg,there is much too much too much to do at this time of year than wasting our time and potentially putting newbies off the whole allotment game,stop winding us up and get a life,there,someone had to say it
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 13:43:41 »
We need Great Big Billy-Goat Gruff to sort this thread out.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 14:29:43 »
They are biting well today. Just a few ideas to throw at your 'committee'. If the bloke you don't like is growing brassicas, carrots, spuds and tomatoes. Snitch on him and tell the 'committee' that  he is attracting carrot fly, cabbage white butterflys and blight onto the site. Also if he is growing egyptian onions, they could be collaborating to take over the site.

If it is a proper 'committee' you are complaining to, they should come up with some new rules, like growing all the afforementioned veggies out of season so the pests will not affect your crops and banning the bloke from the allotments if there is an R in the month.

I once mocked up a tenancy agreement for one of our members to sign. It included rules such as

anyone over 60 had to undergo a fitness test every 3 months to include throwing bags of compost over a 5 ft hedge and timed double digging.

No brassica to be grown.

No heating of greenhouses

No whistling or singing.

I let him sign it before pointing out the 'new' rules he'd agreed to  ;D

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 16:13:02 »
I have just got back from the management committee meeting.

When it came to site business, I mentioned that I had a plot holder who had dumped household rubbish on his allotment.  The chairman did his part, and waved a letter around saying that he had received a rather silly letter from a plot holder about scarecrows, and asked if any member was bothered to read it, no one replied of course.

He then produced a photo of a scarecrow sent in by the same plot holder, and all the committee members laughed, and a couple said it looked remarkably like me.
The chairman then moved on with the next business.

I didn't mind the laughter being at my expense, after all I got what I wanted out of the meeting.  On the minutes it was recorded that the plot holder had dumped household rubbish on his allotment...no mention whatsoever of a scarecrow.

I am not too bothered about the scarecrow at the moment, but I will make him remove it at some point, and when he does I will bring it to the committees attention that the plot holder has removed the household rubbish (which will also look good in the minutes).

Oh how tough it is being vigilant.

Nodig

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 16:46:50 »
sounds like  a case for the European Court of Human Rights. Right up their street you ask me

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 16:57:07 »
How can u make someone remove a scarecrow because it looks like u,  ??? Betty made one and showed it on here and for some strange reason peeps on here started calling it Kev,  :'(should I start procedings to get Betty barred.   ;D ;D ;D  It's deffo not April the 1st I just looked.   :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 18:17:48 »
I thought this thread was a spoof.  Are we loosing our sense of humour?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 19:37:20 »
Just make a rule that any time a plotholder comes within ten yards of you, they have to leap to attention, elevate their right arm, click their heels and shout 'Heil Whateveryournameis!' Then you can evict all the resisters for noncompliance.

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 20:30:44 »
timed double digging and compost tossing - love it!  New games to make the AGM more interesting ;D ;D

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 21:47:36 »
if the scarecrow on the next plot looks like you, isn't that Nature's Way of telling you it's about time you Smartened Yourself Up? I'd think so anyway.

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2011, 06:06:36 »
I forgot to mention that I reported (and got minuted) that the plot holder with the scarecrow had a bonfire with lots of smoke.  I didn't lie (well i did a bit because it was pitch dark), I just didn't mention that it was on bonfire night and there were lots of others having bonfires on the site.

You can all see now why it is important to keep reports to committee meetings as brief as possible, including not putting dates and times to events.

Nodig

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2011, 06:13:10 »

The time to worry is when people say this one looks like you....

[attachment=1]
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 06:45:33 »
Nah Betty. That ones ower Kev. O'ive had me picture taken with him. ;D