Author Topic: Pre-formed pond  (Read 3123 times)

GRACELAND

• Hectare
Pre-formed pond
« on: March 18, 2011, 16:22:21 »
 I,m thinking of buying a Pre-formed pond as i have a slight leak in my pond liner one at the moment no disaster as yet but if we have a dry summer it may be .

so where's the best place to buy ? Looking for one About 6ft By 8ft   2 1/2 deep

Its just Gold fish approx 10 in there at the moment  :)

Please !!
i don't belive death is the end

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Pre-formed pond
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 16:41:58 »
I've always understood that preformed ponds are the devil to instal as they have to be bedded in on sand and absolutely level which is hard to do.  I also believe that the fibre glass is prone to cracking in hard winters though the technology may be better now.

I'd be inclined to buy a paddling pool or large plastic bin and put the goldfish and any plants in those then empty the existing pond and mend or reline it with a sheet of pond liner or, better still, butyl which should last 30 years.
Obxx - Vendée France

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 17:05:58 »
We have a small preformed pond in the garden and it's true it was a bit of a bugger to bed in - lots of sand and continuously taking it in and out to get the form of the sand correct. Once in though it's been problem free.

On the allotment we used pond liner and it was much simpler to set up and a lot cheaper. The pre-formed ones in Spain are ridiculously expensive but there are some cheap ones here if any of them are local to you http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=garden+pond&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 17:24:22 »
 :(

ok thank you  may-be worth looking at a liner instead again the one i have has been in about 15 or so years but i think the winter we just had may have killed it

any cheap place to get liner ?
i don't belive death is the end

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal