Author Topic: Japan  (Read 3332 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Japan
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 06:49:38 »
Well disregard my former words, It is not the peoples fault. I cannot even comprehend what these poor people are experiencing. I feel ashamed at rubber necking the news and not being able to do something viable to help. All those thousands of people missing which is a polite way of saying no hope for them.

We really are living on a fragile earth, what with the last tsunami, Hiati, New Zealand. We  curse our own country for a bit of cold weather or a flood, but it is nothing compared to this.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 07:27:10 »
Yes Ace, here am I sitting nice and cozy wondering about what to do today, having friends over for dinner tonight, wondering whether to plant my spuds. Just makes me realise how fortunate I am. I did look at a couple of the films on the BBC site, and had to stop, simply terrifying.

lillian

• Acre
  • Suffolk
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 08:00:34 »
the paper today said that the earthquake was exactly like dropping the Isle of Wight into the sea from a great height.

and there was me thinking it was a bad thing Sorry. Bad taste, especially since their nuclear powerstation just blew up

Apparently the earthquake moved  the main island of Japan 8 feet and shifted the earths axis by 4 inches :o

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 08:34:41 »
Ohhh...early 'days' yet..many claims are yet to made... ::)
There was already mentioned that some scientist did warn last week that as it is time for 'super moon' it will bring on natural disasters..this earthquake did come few day too early though, but now they say that moon is close enough anyway to have effect..so according them there is more to come.. ::)

The fact the moon is in perigee has no bearing on earthquakes or any thing else.  The only people warning about the Super moon are the astrologers.  You might find one or two scientists who think perigee moons can affect the weather but you wont find many serious scientists worrying about this from a seismic point of view. 
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal