Author Topic: Bubblewrap  (Read 2296 times)

JudithM

• Not So New ...
Bubblewrap
« on: March 15, 2011, 14:52:03 »
Decided to try and insulate my greenhouse (recently given to me by a neighbour) with bubble wrap (also given). Tried unsuccessfully to attach the confounded stuff. Couldn't buy anything useful at the local stores. Came on site and found an old post which suggested using clothes pegs. Brilliant idea. I have now completed the task and am delighted. Am always grateful to those of you who give time to help us new starters. Thank you.

Two Choices

• Acre
Re: Bubblewrap
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 19:44:31 »
Judith, a quick trip to a garden centre and get yourself a couple of packets of fixings (green things that fit it the grooves of the frame with a removable disc over a little spiggot). They make a tiny hole in the polythene while at the same time building an air gap between the glass and the bubblewrap. Hope this helps and let me know how you get on. TC :)

JudithM

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 21:43:13 »
Will do.  Did try B&Q, Wilkinsons and Focus.  The first two did not have any the latter only sold with the bubble wrap (which I already had).  As you said a proper garden centre is going to be the answer. Thanks again.

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 21:54:45 »
we got ours from wyevale garden centre  along with the bubble wrap

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal