Author Topic: 1 Bargain and 1 non-Bargain at B&Q  (Read 2718 times)

Chrispy

• Hectare
1 Bargain and 1 non-Bargain at B&Q
« on: March 03, 2011, 15:02:32 »
Just popped into B&Q (Guildford)
They are selling off their seed potatoes for £1 per bag, yes they have white roots growing out of them, but they have dot started to shrivel up so should still be good.

The non-Bargin... somebody pointed out that their MP compost was 3 for £10.
I had noticed the price had gone up, so it was music to my ears to hear they were repeating the same offer as last year, but when I looked today, I noticed the bags were now 60L rather than the 70L they were before, so quite a decrease.  :(
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

elly1

Re: 1 Bargain and 1 non-Bargain at B&Q
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 15:28:00 »
It's helpful to know about bargins especially if your new to growing your own veg I am fairly new I started my allotments last year and didnt know a thing about growing veg, but I'm totally hooked and this year much more prepared!  :)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 15:42:20 »
Welcome to A4A.   I would hate to manage without it.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 16:05:06 »
I fell for what looked like cheaper MP compost last year only to discover when lifting them out of the car they were smaller. It really is true you only get what you pay for mostly.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 16:28:33 »
Chrispy: Did you still buy the compost ?

And welcome Elly1.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 17:08:27 »
Chrispy: Did you still buy the compost ?
I only popped in to have a look on my way back from dropping the car in for it's MOT, so it would have been a bit of a problem carring 3 bags on my head, even i they are smaller.
I will be getting some once the car has passed it's test, bit of a problem, they would not test the car as it leaked too much oil :-\
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Ellen K

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 18:29:01 »
^^ the joys of motoring eh  :'(

I was just wondering about the compost, a bit sneaky really and they haven't updated the website so it still says 70 litres, but in spite of all that I will be buying it too.  Ah, they know just how far to push before the punters bail.   Still a good buy but only just.

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 19:20:39 »
J. A bOWERS  multi compost  100 ltr bags in makro whole sales  try and borrow a card £5/80 for 2 bags £7 alltogether with the vat
m j gravell

Ellen K

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 15:34:48 »
Well, Wickes compost bags have also gone from 70 ltrs to 60 ltrs this year - so I feel a bit better about buying from B&Q.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal