Author Topic: Flower Seed Swap anyone?  (Read 2543 times)

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
Flower Seed Swap anyone?
« on: February 11, 2011, 23:47:19 »
I have just gone through my seed collection and found that I have tons of flower seeds which I was thinking could start a lovely swap for anyone wanting to try out some new flower seeds.  Let me know if anyone is interested and I can sort out some seeds. PM me your address with the flower seeds you have so I know what to put in and what people are looking for.  I am looking for some lovely climbers/creepers and any euphorbia and echniacea and lady's mantle.

Once I know who is interested I will give more details but it would be run as per other seed swaps that I have taken part in on this forum.

Kind regards

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

markfield rover

• Hectare
Re: Flower Seed Swap anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 18:31:06 »
I am interested and have some of the flowers you mentioned, am running late just at the moment but will get back to you soon.
Cheers.

Jitterbug

• Hectare
    • Leighton Lottie
Flower Seed Swap Parcel - anymore takers to go on the list?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 13:33:19 »
Hhmm! not much interest in flower seed swap?  I am thinking of using the same principle as the other vegetable seed swap.  I think if we get 12 names that will make for a quick turnaround and all will be able to get their seeds going in time.

The parcel I am  making up include the following seeds:  sweetpeas (miscellaneous); Cleome Spinosa (Violet Queen); Dahlia (Mignon Mixed); Dahlia (Dwarf Mixed); Dahlia (Bishops Children); Bells of Ireland; Erysimum Cheiri mixed (Wall flowers); Amaranthus (Ribbons & Beads); Orlaya grandiflora (White Lace flower); Anni Majus (Bishops Flower);Salvia Horminum 'Blue - Clary; Zinnia Peppermint Stick; Zinni Faberge Mix; Zinnia 'Big Boy'; Zinnia 'Hotshot'; Helichrysum (Straw Flower); Marigold 'La Bamba'; Verbena 'Moon River'Nasturtium 'Alaska'; Statice Sinuata 'Special Mix'; Centaurea Cynas 'Blue Boy' cornflower; Larkspur 'Sublime Mixture'; Petrohagia 'pink starlets; Buplerum Rotundifolium 'Griffithi'Livingstone Daisy (mixed); Sunflower 'total eclipse'; Sunflower 'Ruby Eclipse'; Chrysanthemum 'sunshine & tricolor Mix; Cosmos 'gazebo mixed' (dwarf)

Kind regards

Jitterbug 
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 13:45:19 »
Hi, there are particular flowers i'm interesting in growing but I have been put off by the pressure of being in a seed parcel chain.

I want to grow:

Sunflowers
Sweetpeas
Scabious plants.

I went to the T&M Open Day a couple of summers ago and their scabious plants were covered in butterflies and bees, even though they had the entire T&M catalogue to feast on.  So that sparked my interest.  Sunflowers and sweetpeas i just love.

So you have my interest but I am wondering whether it is easier just to buy seed and offer freebies in the Swap Shop.  But still, I am out of the closet and declaring an interest here :-)

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 14:40:41 »
I would be interested in a flower seed swap, put my name down, i have a few packets that i have bought this year and they include far too many seeds for one year

Kx

Jitterbug

• Hectare
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 15:13:24 »
Thanks for the interest - please pm me your addresses and I will start up the list. Only 9 more spaces left peeps!!

Kind regards

Jitterbug

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 15:50:04 »
Have pm'd
I am going to a seed swap on the 5th and you never know!So should have a better list by then but it will include lupins, sweet peas
New Zealand Hibiscus,tree fuchsia,zinnia and one of my fav' Iceland poppies.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 16:21:02 »
Have sent a PM, please include me.
Thank you.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 16:31:20 »
I would be interested in a few of the dahlias Mignon Mixed and Bishops Children.  I don't have any interesting flowers but would send a sae if that is all right.

Jitterbug

• Hectare
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 19:35:08 »
This is a last call for anyone who wants to join the flower seed swap.  Otherwise I will send out the parcel in a couple of days.

Kind regards

Jitterbug

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 18:22:07 »
Hi Jitterbug if its not to late id like to come on board to! Ive got lots of saved and spare flower seeds. Would be lovely to pass them on and share some new ones. :)
Ill pm my address
x sunloving

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal