Author Topic: 10% off Sarah Raven  (Read 2441 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
10% off Sarah Raven
« on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:38 »
Probably not a bargain at her prices but if anyone is ordering from Sarah Raven you can get 10% off by using the code SS11A4.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: 10% off Sarah Raven
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 19:11:53 »
I confess I love her catalogues, but get ideas for varieties from them and source seeds from elsewhere, much cheaper! :-\

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 19:43:12 »
Me too! £6.95 for 5 cosmos seedlings (not even plug plants) :o

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 21:11:26 »
They're offering plants in grow your own mag 25 plants..5 each of rocket, 3 different lettuce and swiss chard. only 19.95
35 plants...5 each of beetroot, celeriac, broccoli, celery, cabbage, leek and january king cabbage only 24.50  :o
unbelievable, some people will buy them  ;D

Morris

• Acre
  • This is Morris! North Hampshire
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 22:10:07 »
Ha Ha I use Sarah Raven mainly for ideas and inspiration as well!!  Lovely catalogues. I do order some single colour flower seeds and dahlias from her, though.

First got her catalogue when she was just starting out with a typed list with no illustrations.  She's come on a long way since then - a most astute business woman.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 17:46:19 »
One does wonder how long the idiot Guardian reading "GYO/allotments are trendy" crowd will keep her in business though.... Some contract gardener friends of mine managed to do very well for themselves last year by using her prices as comparisons (they had clients pointing to her catalogues so they didn't introduce the ideas to them) and then undercutting her by 50% or so... Happy clients and they were raising this stuff on the top of their canal boat (one of them) adn on the windowsills of the house the other one lives in (plus its back yard...)... THey'd got the orders in by the end of January so they were pretty much growing to order from seed....

chrisc

Morris

• Acre
  • This is Morris! North Hampshire
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 18:08:20 »
It is unbelievable what people will pay for seedlings and equipment!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 18:14:32 »
Bless her heart, she sends me a catalogue accross the pond,great read. Each year I try to find the most frivolous item to amaze me .. I think the roll of string in a tin is still the tops for sheer indulgence.

The catalogue always gives me some good ideas though, long may she reign.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal