Author Topic: Deliveries from T&M  (Read 1799 times)

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
Deliveries from T&M
« on: February 27, 2011, 14:10:47 »
Has anyone else had poor delivery from Thompson & Morgan.  In October I phoned and ordered tree lily bulbs to be advised that delivery would not occur until November.  I agreed to this but still hae not received delivery.  They were quick enough to take the money from credit card.  This is the second time this has happened and if you ring their customer services seem to have quite a cavalier attitude.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Deliveries from T&M
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 14:19:53 »
I have to admit I am waiting on some rhubarb it will be well sprouting soon.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 15:06:27 »
I ordered some onions with the £5 voucher and they arrived 2 weeks ago so are waiting in the gh for the weather to clear up
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 15:46:43 »
I find its the postal system that I have a problem with.  When I've checked with T&M its taken far to long for things to be delivered from date of posting.  T&M have always replaced the order without any problems.  This is why I don't take part in the seed swop's for fear of things going a stray.  Seems to happen far to often and what for me makes it worse is HO works for royal mail  :-X

What variety have you chosen Digeroo ? I've just bought Champagne Red to go round the plot as soon as it stops raining(wishful thinking)

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 16:48:20 »
I find its the postal system that I have a problem with.  When I've checked with T&M its taken far to long for things to be delivered from date of posting.  T&M have always replaced the order without any problems.  This is why I don't take part in the seed swop's for fear of things going a stray.  Seems to happen far to often and what for me makes it worse is HO works for royal mail  :-X
T&M don't use the royal mail, I do, I send dozens of parcels each week, and it has been years since anything has got lost, so don't worry about losing stuff in a seed swap.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 17:05:36 »
Yes, no problems with seed swaps here too....I'll do them all the time :o :-X ;D ;)

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 17:27:28 »
They use to Chrispy years ago.  That's why I stop buying by post.  When you have your debit card handed to you by the householder who's house it had been wrongly delivered to. Thank goodness that person was honest and kind enough to bring the letter to me unopened.  Don't get me wrong I no that the majority of post office employee's are as honest as the day is long.  But to many parcels where getting delivered having been opened and then sellotaped back up again.  This was reported to the powers that be and things have improved, but it still leave me very weary.  Most of the time I now send things by registered post for peace of mind.  Pherhaps I have just been unlucky.   I'm please for you that things are not going a stray.  So is my other half who works for RM.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 17:29:48 »
No problem here with seed swaps is there Goodlife ;D ;D ;D.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 19:08:36 »
The only problems we've had were with the pass-the-parcel lots, and we've got a pretty good idea what happened there.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal