Author Topic: Are Frogs and Toads Intelligent?  (Read 6858 times)

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Are Frogs and Toads Intelligent?
« on: February 26, 2011, 17:04:13 »
Just wondered as my toads and frogs have always spawned in the shallows of my pond.  However, the last two years we have had very cold snaps which froze the pond sometime in March/April and froze the spawn therefore killing it.  This year they have all laid the spawn at the other end (3 1/2ft deep)of the pond.  Will be interesting to see if it all survives this year.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: Are Frogs and Toads Intelligent?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 18:01:22 »
Just looked at my little pond and I have never seen so much spawn.Frogs climbing over each other and the noise !
Spring must be on it's way. 8)
sanity is overated

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 23:16:21 »
I have frogspawn at both ends of my pond - in the shallows and in amongst floating plants in the deep end. Also have masses of toadspawn around pots on the shelf. Maybe my frogs are betting each way - just in case  :)!

Tricia

Busby

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:05:53 »
Mimi, I think that you are really asking if frogs and toads can forecast the coming weather!!!!

Urlybird

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 23:22:41 »
Mimi, I think that you are really asking if frogs and toads can forecast the coming weather!!!!

No, i disagree, whilst in the library just like week, i met 3 toads and a frog, all in the "Dickens" section, clamouring for information to complete an essay
Somewhere, in the world, the sun is over the yardarm,

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal