Author Topic: No posts / forum messages??  (Read 1604 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
No posts / forum messages??
« on: February 22, 2011, 23:54:01 »
Several weeks ago I posted a thread about missing posts.  Most days now,  when i log on, i am greeted with a message that reads no new posts.  Sometimes through the day I can log on and get some messages.  I can go into each topic and read messages individually but this is very time consuming and off-putting.  

Other times I read a post from the list of unread topics but on returning to the remainder of unread topics, i am again greeted with the message of "no new posts" yet there was pages of them beforehand.  Anybody else having this problem or is the site not as maintained as it once was.  I am now at the point of jumping ship to find another forum.  

This is the old thread but things are now much worse than when i posted it.
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,64183.0.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 23:56:01 by ktlawson »
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: No posts / forum messages??
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 17:21:47 »
Where do you see this msg?  On the home page???

Is it the same for you on different computers? on different browsers??

To me is sounds like a browser related issue - possibly with cookies - so try deleting them..
You could try a different browser or machine - if it is the same on all PCs and browsers then it would be something corrupt in the A4A database and Dan may have to do some magic..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: No posts / forum messages??
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 20:34:48 »
It happens on different PCs.  I defrag weekly,  disc cleanup weekly, delete cookies, history etc every 2-3 days.  It is not my antivirus neither because I have used the same product for 2 years, regularly updated.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal