Author Topic: another bl@#dy cooking programme  (Read 1896 times)

ACE

• Hectare
another bl@#dy cooking programme
« on: February 12, 2011, 10:26:16 »
This time it's some berk in a camper van, do we really need another one? The Yeti watches them all and has succeeded in buggering up some good food, as now and again some of this cooking drivel does get through to her brain.

A lovely toad in the hole, mash and two veg arrived on the table, Great!  Then when I ask (nicely) for the gravy, She says the sauce is in the jug, stuff the sauce pass the gravy (not so nicely). Well one of the social inadequates has imprinted the idea that you have sauce on toad in the hole.

Now I know there is a place for sauce, like fish and chips, but it is red and comes out of a bottle, not this gunk that looks like the contents of a rug rats nappy. Please no more cooks on the telly.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: another bl@#dy cooking programme
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 11:38:21 »
We are a bit posher over the water, we have chop toad.    ;D ;D ;D  ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 13:01:53 »
 I agree Ace, no place for posh gravy (Sauce) Just give me the old fashioned thick delicious brown gravy.  We have toad tomorrow, i shall think of your sauce  ;D ;D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 13:20:39 »
I agree Ace, no place for posh gravy (Sauce) Just give me the old fashioned thick delicious brown gravy.  We have toad tomorrow

What, when J & A are visiting??? Tsk!!!!

I do laugh at all the new fandango things that get done to good old British grub these days ;D  Ace, you'll pour your sauce and you'll like it, k?!

On a side note, I do like watching the new chef (cheffess??) on the BBC at the moment called Lorraine Pascale.  She's a natural and the food she cooks looks simple and delicious.

daitheplant

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 20:14:09 »
I have to admit, I like cooking and watching some cooking programmes. I prefer a proper, BRITISH, gravy though than a poncy " red wine reduction "  ;D ;D ;D
DaiT

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 22:14:37 »
Sam, I love her program too, her flapjack recipe was really good, more syrup than I have used before, we loved it, and I really want to make her oreo brownies, they sound scrummy as well as some of her other recipes. :)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 17:32:17 »
if you wimmin spent more time in the kitchen, and less time watching other people in their kitchens on the tele, us blokes might get some decent grub, instead of poncy reductionist food

( ducks for cover )  ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 17:36:49 »

[/quote]

On a side note, I do like watching the new chef (cheffess??) on the BBC at the moment called Lorraine Pascale.  She's a natural and the food she cooks looks simple and delicious.

[/quote]

she's ever so nice. Didn't watch her programme of course, but I saw her on TV Burp when Harry Hill was taking the p***

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 17:43:42 »
if you wimmin spent more time in the kitchen, and less time watching other people in their kitchens on the tele, us blokes might get some decent grub, instead of poncy reductionist food

( ducks for cover )  ;)

Whack!!!!!

Or of course you could cook it yourself  ::)
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal