Author Topic: Our pavilion was broken into last night  (Read 22424 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Our pavilion was broken into last night
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 22:43:43 »
I am so sorry to hear this dreadful news,no words of comfort but I almost feel violated for you all. I would like to think it was someone hungry who needed food but somehow I am not getting that feeling. It is totally beyond me why anyone would go to so much trouble in such a place, makes me think they are too cowardly to take on a big shop etc.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

TividaleJo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 22:49:14 »
Think Shirlton got it with 1st post!
Some people just do things like that for the sake of doing it and the upset it causes others and the police are never interested.

When is next open day/white elephant?
Joanne

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 22:59:03 »
What rotten ******s. Simple things,tea ,coffee and a friendly place spoilt ???
They're to be pitied in their sad little lives,they don't have the friendships you share and doubtless never will. >:(
That said I'd be tempted by a shotgun ;)
sanity is overated

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 07:46:10 »
Thanks for the replies everyone, they mean a lot.

I think I feel more upset this morning than I did yesterday.  I suppose part of it is wondering what I will find when I go over at 9 to feed the cats.  Will they have been back and done more damage?  The only thing they didn't take was a P A system which was very heavy.  We have moved it now to a safe place nearby.

For those who live near enough to be able to come, our next event will be on Saturday, 14th May, 12 - 3.  It is our annual Plant Sale, White Elephant and Cream Tea. 

The money from the Plant Sale is for our funds but all the Cream Tea money is for Macmillan.  Shirl is running the White Elephant for our Felix Fund to cover any vet expenses he may have. 

This year we are also inviting Cats Protection to have a stall to raise money for themselves.  They have been so helpful to us, and will not accept any money for having our ferals neutered. 

When I phoned the CP volunteer to tell her what had happened, she offered to come over straight away and bring some cat food.  She is such a lovely person.  She also said that instead of raising money for CP, she would have a stall and sell her preserves and give us the money.

There are lovely people in the world, all of you included.  :)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 09:47:59 »
I have a little Royal Worcester cat that I will send to you for your white elephant stall,it may raise a few pounds for the Felix fund.

PM me your address Betty or Shirl.  :)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 11:56:15 »
Sorry to hear that, if I lived nearer would come and help you tidy up and donate some cat food.  Hopefully your allotment friends will give you support.  Best wishes to you and the cats (of course).

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 12:26:43 »
sorry to hear this news, Betty.

if you ain't already done so, call local paper and get story in local rag ( might get funding for repairs this way)

go into plod shop, and remind them that

a, they are Public Servants, who sign an oath to serve and protect the public.
b, you are the public.

if you get a bad response from the plod, a letter in the local paper to 'name and shame' them wouldn't go amiss!!
You couldn't make it up!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 13:05:45 »
Sorry to hear about that, Betty and Shirlton.  Ooooo, those *****!!!!  It must just feel so crushing.  I'd like to send a donation to help replenish stocks if you give me some details.  Also, I work in a security company and if you need some CCTV signs and a couple of dummy cameras, let me know (you can't have one without the other) and I'll send 'em up! Onwards and upwards, Betty, Shirl and the rest of the team affected. 

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 14:59:36 »
Went to the plot this morning and the shed door was open. Theres nowt in there to pinch but I bet others had some stuff missing. One old boy had a box of gardening gloves taken. The lock on the door has been done. When I first heard about the break in I thought ah kids but no kid could have done that much damage. It must have been someone really strong.At least no person or cat has been hurt and thats the important thing.
Its just a rotten shame that we have to live amongst such scum.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 16:23:46 »
I have a little Royal Worcester cat that I will send to you for your white elephant stall,it may raise a few pounds for the Felix fund.

How very kind of you Betula. I will leave the arrangements to Betty cos she's the gaffer ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 17:13:16 »
So sorry, Betty, to read all this.  Somehow, though, lots of good will come about, through so many people caring, offering help and joining together in putting things right again, and supporting each other.  I know that you will find that uplifting, and that you'll soon get back your bounce and enthusiasm.  Don't let them get you down for too long! Peanuts

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 21:36:33 »
Sorry to hear this girls and Tone, flip, blimey and what utter rotters, I could kick their bottoms.    :P :P :P :P :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 22:24:16 »
Simply dreadful...  >:(

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 23:38:06 »
Just read this, that is just horrible. I am speechless.... >:( >:( >:(
How rotten some people are. :(
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 00:10:39 »
Just read this, that is just horrible. I am speechless.... >:( >:( >:(
How rotten some people are. :(

and thirsty/hungry if they took the provisions?
You couldn't make it up!

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 00:15:36 »
So sorry to read about the terrible time you guys are having.  I some times wonder if its not down to envy, ''I haven't got it so why should you have it'' syndrome.  The fact that you've all worked so hard to achieved such a great site goes right over their heads.
As for the police well no surprises there.  If our lots anything to go by down here its just a job these days, like anyother. Not a vocation any longer.  Don't no if its a sign of the times or all the cuts.  I'm with tonybloke as to what needs doing.
Hugs and healing vibes from me.

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 00:22:09 »
to be honest, i reckon the plod don't actually want to catch burglars, if they did, crime rate would fall, so would the plod budget!
You couldn't make it up!

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 00:26:35 »
I get it about the police ,we have 2 neighbours one drives big lorries for a supermarket one is a pc both work 30mins away .
In all the bad weather guess who got up at 3am and turned in for work and guess who didn't !
sanity is overated

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 05:11:47 »

That is so kind of you, a lovely thought.  I will pm you.  Thank you so much. :)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 05:16:53 »
Sorry to hear that, if I lived nearer would come and help you tidy up and donate some cat food.  Hopefully your allotment friends will give you support.  Best wishes to you and the cats (of course).

That's really kind of you, thank you.  :)

I emailed the plotholders when it happened and lots of them have said they will donate cat food, and have offered to come and help tidy up.  One of them who was there on the day went straight to the shops and bought refreshment things and more cat food.  We really do have a lovely group of people there and I look on them as my extended family.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal