Author Topic: Our pavilion was broken into last night  (Read 22369 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Our pavilion was broken into last night
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:33 »
Looks like we have a cat burglar in our midst.    :-X     :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2011, 06:52:32 »
i agree it is tough times. that is why I bought new spoon for the old lady down road for her birthday.
Since everyone know old people start eating pet food when times get tough. pet food has balanced nutrition and gives them a shiny coat.

But if really want prevent shed break in and site theft there are better solutions. either get better built shed that can not be easily broken into.
Also do not leave anything that could be stolen on site. Or you could put trap door in you shed floor that hide the important stuff.  I have also seen sliding bolt systems the when add to normal shed door can not be open without  a bulldozer or know the correct way open. i they have lock and bolt systems that cost very little but will take guy sledge hammer over 10 hours to break into.  thieves are looking for easy score if make hard for them they rob someone else instead. 

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2011, 17:48:36 »
The lock's not much help when they can kick their way through most shed walls, and have done on my site. A stout gate and a thorn hedge work wonders, but most sites don't have such blessings. It's very noticeable on my site that they tend to go for the plots they can get into easily.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2011, 18:49:35 »
They peeled open the pavilion metal door as though they were opening a tin can and took the entire lock out. The pavilion is supposed to be vandal-proof and it replaced a wooden one that was burned to the ground.  I think if thieves want to get in, they will find a way, no matter how difficult it is.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2011, 18:54:54 »
Our tennis club was broken into, and the drink stolen from the bar and a TV.  We didn't think they would be caught, but the police came.  Then we heard that other tennis clubs in the area were being targeted, and the police did catch them at another club.  We now have cameras up. So if there is a pattern here, and all the allotments are being broken into, maybe the police (if they had any brain) they could watch and maybe catch them.  Lots of love to ET.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal