Author Topic: Fooled him!!!!!!!!!  (Read 831 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Fooled him!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 10, 2011, 13:18:49 »
OH can't stand squash or pumpkin in any way shape or form, so I just served him a large bowl of carrot soup ;D ;D ;D ;, well they are the same colour. Perhaps it was the homemade bread that threw him.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Fooled him!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 17:52:04 »
what he don't know won't hurt him  ;D
we had stew with butternut, kohl rabi and parsnip last night, fooled the grandchildren into eating it  ;D

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:49:59 »
Possum, now 16, wouldn't eat carrots as a child so I started making chocolate carrot cake........   Then I realised the mixture was enough to make avbout 30 buns, just right for her morning snack.    She's very good on other veggie snow but still not keen on cooked carrots.   Flatly refuses to eat apples but I can't see those working in a chocolate cake somehow.

Years ago we took in a work colleague for a few weeks whilst he moved form old apartment to new house.  He was a meat and two veg that had to be spuds, peas or carrots.  I ended up getting very frustrated and made him shepherd's pie one night - vegetarian version.  He had second helpings.   Fooled him good and proper.
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:10:32 »
My Dad used to make me "apple onions" these were delicious and nothing like the onions which I did not like at all!!!! (Fooled me till I came in the kitchen one day and asked "where's the apple Dad!"?) mind you it worked I love them now :D :D :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal