Author Topic: Abusive freecycler  (Read 11701 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Abusive freecycler
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 16:31:00 »
I still love freecycle (York and Selby groups). There are bound to be some hiccups but I've given away and received all sorts without much hassle.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 16:08:05 »
I've just looked at freecycle today and interestingly the nasty person I mentioned at the start of this thread has posted a Wanted ad for a fridge freezer,couch etc for her daughter who is leaving home with her new baby and needs lots of stuff .
Funny on her facebook page (I'm very nosey  ;)) she gives her birthdate as 1989 .
I wish I could report her as she's obviously a bit of a rogue but all my email addresses contain my name and I'm not sure how confidential things are.
and......she knows where I live  :o
sanity is overated

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 16:27:09 »
Use an anonymous email address like this one. You can keep it live for 24 hours/a week/a month/6 months or a year, however long you need it for.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 20:19:04 »
Use an anonymous email address like this one. You can keep it live for 24 hours/a week/a month/6 months or a year, however long you need it for.
Thankyou ceres
sanity is overated

aj

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2012, 20:51:36 »
Thankyou ceres
Or I'll report her for you. I have a plethora of strange email addresses and live far enough away for it not to matter...

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 23:57:52 »
What I don't understand is why people are so abusive, especially if they are getting something for free.  I joined Freecycle and read through some of the posts and decided not to bother.  I was really shocked at some of the rudeness on there.  Also looked at other forums and decided against joining because of the unpleasant posts on there.  I love this one as it is polite (ok sometimes the p**s is taken but its all in good fun).

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 06:58:33 »
If you have something to get rid of leave it outside your front gate. Somebody will soon nick it. ;)

It's funny you should say that: Our plumber swiped the radiators that were taken out (but left the stuff he couldn't flog) then the washbasin vanished from the front garden.

I must look tomorrow to see if someone has kindly pinched the metre square shower tray. It weighs a ton so I'd be more than happy.  ;)

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 08:12:13 »
you can tell freecycle mods and they monitor, we had a person take stuff off us and flog on ebay. They left it a couple of months then stopped her being a member.
Jackie

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:30 »
I have mostly had good experiences with Freecycle. I have given away many things, such as clothes, toys, even a couch and my old fridge!  I have received also many things including my old composter, tiles and rocks for the allotment, clothes, two good tyres (!), a music stand and a bread machine!  The only bad experience I had was when I turned up earlier than planned and got yelled at by the lady (even though she was home, dressed and obviously expecting people to turn up as the bags were all ready to go out, i thought it was a bit over the top).
You do see some names too often, I will not deal with those people. Yes there will be frauds but there are also plenty of genuine people.

I am still often seen perusing the piles of rubbish on the street when it's "big items" collection day, great way to pick up wood, containers, long poles and sticks for the lottie! My husband always wants to die of shame but I don't give a monkey's.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 12:03:26 »
I've had a mixed experience, mostly good when getting stuff myself and met some nice people. The worst seem to appear when I've got stuff to give and the gannets appear. People don't turn up; want you to deliver to distant places....I just ignore them. It's the ones that beg arrange a pickup time and don't turn up that are Annoying.
A funny one was the guy without a car who arrived from some distance away to collect an old type tv....he went out side waited for ages and went off in a taxi.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 12:32:39 »
I registered for a time, but was inundated with emails.  My in box was full of them.  I replied to a few offers, but anything interesting seemed to have gone within minutes.   

I went for one offering paving slabs which declared a few cracks.  But politely rejected them when I turned up since the few cracks seemed to be per slab.   I have to say she was rather offensive when I turned them down.  Seems I was the fourth person to reject.  I suggested she should describe them as hard core. Later she messaged me to apologise and say my suggestion worked a treat.

I had a huge problem deregistering. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal