Author Topic: Tesco Clubcard points can now be traded in for a Thompsom and Morgan voucher.  (Read 6432 times)

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/tesco6

You redeem a £7.50 clubcard voucher and Tesco will email you a code for £20 off your order on T&M's website.  Might be worth thinking about next time they have a free P&P weekend.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
oh nice, but they havent sent me my vouchers in ages  ::)
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Ellen K

• Hectare
If you register online, you can now see the codes for any lost or unredeemed vouchers.

They give you 3 years until they expire so it might be worth trying that.

Mortality

• Hectare
I went and checked, I have £77 worth of vouchers, but they havent sent any via the post in ages, according to their site they don't have my correct address, but when I checked it everything was correct. I suppose I should phone em  ::)
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Ellen K

• Hectare
woot, woot!

Get on the phone and then treat yourself to a nice freebie.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Magazine subscriptions, meals out & now plants. I think they're a bit mean though, with their profit I don't think they needed to reduce the value ::).

Ellen K

• Hectare
Tesco's loyalty scheme isn't that bad, I don't spend that much there but the points buy me RAC membership and a couple of magazine subscription vouchers which make nice gifts.

At least compared to Nectar where I get 2.50 off my beer once a year  :D

Whatever - small beer is better than no beer.

< best Homer Simpson voice > uuuuummm beer

Stevens706

• Acre
Great Post, just checked we have £51, this way if you wait for their 50% off sale for £7.50 you will get £40 of seeds. Happy days

Look what you have started.

goodlife

• Hectare
 >:(...and I spent my point at Chrismas for big and fancy box of chocolates for my mother-in-law ::) Nice as she is..now I feel a bit robbed..things I could have bought for myself instead :-X Oh well...next time..

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
I like it.  Many thanks for posting this thread.  Mind you with all the offers and reductions I cannot understand how T&M can be making a profit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:50:16 by Digeroo »

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
We have Tescos credit card & pay for everything on it so we get extra points. Just got a joint membership for the woodland trust for £14.50 worth of tokens.

Ellen K

• Hectare
Mind you with all the offers and reductions I cannot understand how T&M can be making a profit.

Yes I wonder that too.  But perhaps some parts of the business are more profitable than others.  Flowers seem to be a big part of the business, as does wholesale and stuff that they probably just buy in and stick their name on.  But it must be hard to squeeze any profit out of allotment growing in spite of it becoming more popular.

I went to T&M's open day a few years back and yes the flowers were beautiful but I had never seen so many rich old people spending loads of dosh on their gardens.  So don't feel too sorry for them yet.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
Just had the latest vouchers delivered, another £ 10 worth ;D.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
If you register online, you can now see the codes for any lost or unredeemed vouchers.

They give you 3 years until they expire so it might be worth trying that.

Thanks for this great suggestion.  But:

I tried to register online, doesn't work, rang their customer services number and they could not fix it either and have passed it to their technical team.  Try again in 24 hours  :)

I think I will have well and truly earned these vouchers - if I ever get to them that is  ........ ;D

Mortality

• Hectare
I just phoned Tescos, for some reason it was registered as a mailing error and I wasnt getting vouchers etc, the next mailing of vouchers is due in May, hopefully there will still be deals I can take advantage of then ;).
Thank you so much for putting up the information, I wouldnt have bothered to check out why I wasnt getting the vouchers otherwise !

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
I have just phoned them too to ask if the vouchers are redeemable against anything or just the things on the Tescos deal list. She said use them for anything even special offer emails. Sounds to good to be true & you know what they say about that ::).

Ellen K

• Hectare
Well, I will give it a go if they have a good offer on or failing that in the Autumn for overwinter shallots and garlic.

Thompson and Morgan are now on Facebook.  The chappie who looks after their page doesn't answer any Qs on gardening  :( or even on T&M products  :o but he will sort out any website or "where's my order?" questions.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thompson-Morgan-UK/137462075726

^^ I will vent some spleen big time on there if it is con but I don't think it is.

I used to have problems getting anywhere with Tesco's website and I think it was down to my browser.  Or at least no problems with IE8 but with the BT browser I couldn't get anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 14:14:51 by DenbyVisitor »

Chrispy

• Hectare
Vary annoyed at this....

I was going to order some rasp canes, glen ample for £7.99 for 6 from a nursery on e-bay.

Saw this post, registered with tescos, and found I had £7 in vouches, so I scrounged £1 voucher of OH and swapped £7.50 tesco vouchers for the £20 T&M.

Plan, buy the rasp from T&M £14.99 + £4.45 p+p, the £20 voucher will cover that, OK, was not going to save a lot, but a simple way of using up my tesco vouchers as there was nothing else I wanted.

I tried to place the order today, but am told the voucher only covers the goods, I have to pay £4.45 p&p, but I checked before I ordered the voucher that it would cover the P&P and the voucher e-mail also says it will, but it won't.

So now I have a £20 voucher that cost £7.50 to buy another £4.45 to use, that's £11.95, not much good when most their stuff is twice the price!!

I have e-mailed them, so far just got back the standard e-mail that shows they did not read my e-mail
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Ellen K

• Hectare
^^ you are right, and it is confusing on their website.

First of all it says:

Your Clubcard token code covers the full retail price and the P&P charge (usually £4.45) of your chosen product.*

Then on the same page it says:

If you have a £20 E-voucher you have the choice of any Thompson & Morgan product on the website. Simply select any product of your choice, enter the E-voucher in the box at the bottom of your basket and this will cover up to £20 of retail value. If your order totals more than £20 you can pay the difference; however no change can be given if your order is less than £20. Please note the normal Thompson & Morgan P&P charge (usually £4.45) is applicable to all orders.

But now I've read it again, the first statement does not refer to the £20 voucher.  It refers to buying a voucher for specific Tesco Clubcard products which you can also do.  Then the P&P is included.  For the £20 voucher, you have to pay the P&P.

I can see they are going to get loads of poo over this  :(

Ellen K

• Hectare
BTW Chrispy, they are doing Free P&P on seed orders this weekend, you don't fancy 20 quids worth of (full price) seeds do you?

(I would have no problem with that)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal