Author Topic: Seedy Sunday  (Read 5823 times)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: Seedy Sunday
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 18:35:26 »
Borlotti, there is a seed swap / potato fair every year in London, but I think it was in Jan (I can't remember where it is exactly, it's either in S London so you'd have to get your passport out, or it's in E London so you'd need to take Kev with you!), so you'll have to put a date in your next years diary!

Robert, keep trying. I'm starting one on our allotments, and to be honest if I get 6 people I'll be chuffed, I reckon you have to start somewhere. When I did one for a few friends last year, I realised I hadn't given it a great deal of thought, so having joined in the seed saving circle on here and going to a swap I'm a bit more clued up! One idea I did have was to tack a seed swap onto another event, a plant sale or a talk or a seed saving talk / swap. That way you might get some more people along.

1066  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 18:40:35 »
we're starting with a small one in march. we're hoping to do a full blown one in october, should be a good day  :)

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 18:48:43 »
let us know how it goes Manics. I'll send some virtual support  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 20:36:19 »
ours first will be a seedy saturday afternoon in the local club. just to try it out and see if there's any interest :)

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 22:07:38 »
sounds good, hope you have fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal