Author Topic: Homebase  (Read 3044 times)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
Homebase
« on: February 05, 2011, 13:07:38 »

Mrs Gumboot

• Acre
Re: Homebase
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:26:47 »
Oh good grief. Just when I'd decided that he'd gone back to cooking and wasn't such a tit after all  ::)

Luckily I don't use Homebase much for plants anyway. Spent a happy hour on Thursday rummaging around a local independent garden centre. Place is a complete tip with shredded plastic polytunnels, broken paths and stock all over the place, but the plants are fantastic. Give me a grotty place that knows how to grow plants any day  ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 19:58:23 »
maybe its because he has veggie garden but not everyone can afford there own gardener i would have though that james martin might have been a better idea as hes been at it longer :) ( and better looking)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 20:18:23 »
Oh yes Cam. James Martin is the man ;) ;D.

sazhig

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 15:13:23 »
Are Homebase still owned/part of Sainsbury's? If it is that probably had more to do with the choice  ::)

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 15:42:55 »
I has a stroll around the garden section of Homebase (& B&Q) yesterday, as they are only a few minutes walk away after I had been to the post office.

The first thing I saw, Jamie Oliver seed potatoes! They also had various Jamie Oliver fruit bushes, celebrity endorsement is getting just too silly for me.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal