Author Topic: Bleeding Heart!  (Read 1512 times)

TividaleJo

• Quarter Acre
Bleeding Heart!
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:40:05 »
Hi there,
Was wondering if anyone would be above to advise me about the above. We are due to move house again and have an established bleeding heart in the garden of the house we are moving from that i would love to take with me but not to the expense of killing/hurting it.

Would i be able to dug it up, put it into a large enough pot and keep it watered and fed until transplated to its final growing place?

Thanks in advance for your help
Joanne

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Bleeding Heart!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 13:55:39 »
I would say yes if you do it now while it is still dormant.

Then when it does waken up it can grow on in the pot until you find a new place for it!

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Data/Dicentra/Dicentra.htm

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 14:02:34 »
Yes you can dig it up ;D..just don't expect neat and tidy rootball. Bleeding heart is bit awkward to dig up as the 'fleshy' roots tend to snap up easily..but if you get majority up in a clump of soil you could even drop it in binliner for time being..easier than potting up ;) Just make sure there is few holes for any rain to drain off. You can roll down any excess bag and knot it to fit ;)
Quick and easy for moving..pots tend to fall over and you've got soil all over then ::)

TividaleJo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 21:38:39 »
Thank you to you both greatly recieved  :)

if was debating whether to put it in a black bag or not as it would be easier than fiddling around with compost and pots and think it will be quicker
Joanne

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal