Allotment Stuff > Allotment Movement

National Allotments Week

<< < (2/5) > >>

lancelotment:
That's good news!  Maybe if the council think that there is some free publicity in the local press, the useless so-and-so's will get off their backside and do something about the unattended plots!!

wardy:
Lancelotment      We've elected an allotmenteer to our parish council in an effort to get some action.  So it's free sheds and greenhouses from here on in!   ;D

Wardy

Sarah-b:
Have just fixed our date for our Allotment Open Day to be in that week. But there seems to still be a problem around selling veg there and keeping the profit for the site. The councillors say that is just not possible and that any profits could only go to charity (not saying that is a bad thing, but could be a good way of raising us some cash). Does anyone have any further info? DJBrenton?
thanks,
sarah.

NattyEm:
Sarah do you have an association? I wonder if you could register yourselves as a charity? Just an idea :)

wardy:
Sarah-B    I'd be tempted not to tell them.  It's not like you're running a wholesale fruit and veg business, making zillions in profits and denying the council their wack.  It's only small beer for a one-off event for which the allotmenteers will have stumped up their own money, time and effort to try and attract people to the council's allotments.  You're doing their job for them when all said and done.  If the money goes back to your allotment association where's the harm? 

But that's just my opinion  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version