Author Topic: National Allotments Week  (Read 8483 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: National Allotments Week
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 13:32:14 »
I am thinking of an open day coupled with a Site scarecrow competiton.  Some good gardeners on hand to give tips and our shop open with refreshments and vegetables or flowers for sale in aid of the society or charity. Will have to see what the other committee members think.

I like some of your ideas Wardy.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 20:29:00 »
Wardy

On the other side of the Shire to you we are organising an open day in August..13th I believe .Its being run by the Council to promote Allotments and will be held at Brocks Hill Community Centre in Oadby, Leics..entitled 'Healthy Living'

We are planning various plant stalls, Art display and photo display from local societies with pictures of lotties of course.
We hope to have someone bring some chickens, a five portions of veg display, wine tasting. police will be there with display on shed security, possibly bee keeping. Lots of other ideas have been discussed

We are also looking at a scarcrow building competition for the kids, face painting etc.

There might be some ideas there for you too

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2005, 07:32:48 »
Oadby & Wigston in Bloom have now been renamed its now Pride of the Borough...This is the entry into the National competition. Can't get too involved with this as their very regular meetings clash with my work.

The 'Healthy Living' day is a separate event mainly promoting allotments and, of course, the Borough itself. I am involved with this project...I do manage to 'wangle' (technical term) some time to attend these meetings

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal