Author Topic: Introducing a new cat to the home  (Read 6744 times)

schmelda

• Half Acre
Re: Introducing a new cat to the home
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 20:54:07 »
We'd been putting his food out for him, and were pretty sure that it was him eating it.  Pete decided to make him meow for his food before it was put out, which worked, but he ran away and hid while we put it out, and sneaked back later.

The next evening Pete made him meow and come for a fuss.  Then he picked him up and put him in the kitchen!  Simple, when you know how!

bigcatmaniac

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 22:08:42 »
Is it too late to try the vanilla on my two - its nearly 5 years since we put them together and they still hate each other!  In fact my seedlings growing on the windowsill have just come a cropper to another one of their fights while I was out the room.  Guess I'll be sowing some more now......

Big cat

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 19:00:37 »
You can also buy a Feliway Diffuser from the vet or on the internet(its cheaper on ebay) you plug it in and it emitts a synthetic hormone which will calm the cats down and helps with their interaction. I know it definately does work to take the edge of things and to have a peaceful home. I think this new boy is very lucky to have you to care for him and he will settle in just fine. If you need any cat related advice do pm me I used to volunteer for a cat rehoming group so have tons of experience with cats.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 19:15:50 »
So glad your boy has come back. We took in Big Liz 4 years ago. She was dumped at daughters livery yard. The  Animal Mafia (Molly-the-Collie and Ella Puss) did not take kindly to her and still make it clear that she was 'last in'. I take the blame for that as I fed her first, in sight of the others ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

schmelda

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 19:13:30 »
They still fight a bit.  I have seedlings well out of the way!  He has mastered the whole 'going outside and coming back again' thing now though  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal