Author Topic: Is this normal cat behaviour?  (Read 7408 times)

betula

• Hectare
Re: Is this normal cat behaviour?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 09:34:04 »
Sounds like she /he wants to be Top Cat and you are the opposition to that Betty.

Who would have thought all this would happen when you took on an Allotment LOL  ;D

Keep a Diary Betty,bet you could write a little book about the owners of The Allotment,the cats  ;D.

asj

• Half Acre
  • Esher, Surrey
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 13:27:30 »
And I'll fourth it  ;D ;D ;D
War on slugs and snails!!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 19:14:08 »
Sounds like she /he wants to be Top Cat and you are the opposition to that Betty.

Who would have thought all this would happen when you took on an Allotment LOL  ;D

Keep a Diary Betty,bet you could write a little book about the owners of The Allotment,the cats  ;D.

When I took on my allotment I didn't dream that I would end up being stalked by PsychoCat! 
I started my blog about the cats so I would have a record of things, have you seen it? www.allotmentcats.blogspot.com
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 19:18:31 »
Blogs are good but books are better   ;D

I live in a Cathedral Close and someone wrote a book about Cathedral cats.

It is really good,can't lay me hands on it right now as we own about three million books   ;D

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 19:15:40 »
Squirting water at her works!
I bought a spray from Wilkies and labelled it 'Psycho Cat Spray - water only' and used it on her this morning.  As soon as she came too close I gave her a quick squirt and she jumped away. 

I feel a lot safer now.....  ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 19:30:07 »
There is a program on one of the Freeview channels called "the dog whisperer" where this guy talks about establishing a happy heirachy with ....er, dogs where you the human are top dog and our four legged friends know their place.  There is a bit of slapping them down but more of you the human showing with behaviour and body language that you own the territory and they are part of your pack.

I always think about it when I walk to the allotment site gate past several dogs in their back gardens barking and just trying it on basically.  Dogs, eh?  But could it be the same with cats?   I suspect that for all their snooty-ness they are just the same.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 11:08:44 »
Squirting water at her works!
I bought a spray from Wilkies and labelled it 'Psycho Cat Spray - water only' and used it on her this morning.  As soon as she came too close I gave her a quick squirt and she jumped away. 

I feel a lot safer now.....  ;)

Good! - she has to learn before this behaviour settles in. 

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 14:36:05 »
I've had to re-name Psycho in the hope that she will stop living up to her name.

She is now called "Psycalico" which doesn't seem as bad, but still has that little reminder of what she's really like.  :o
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 19:14:11 »
There is a program on one of the Freeview channels called "the dog whisperer" where this guy talks about establishing a happy heirachy with ....er, dogs where you the human are top dog and our four legged friends know their place.  There is a bit of slapping them down but more of you the human showing with behaviour and body language that you own the territory and they are part of your pack.

I always think about it when I walk to the allotment site gate past several dogs in their back gardens barking and just trying it on basically.  Dogs, eh?  But could it be the same with cats?   I suspect that for all their snooty-ness they are just the same.
Dogs are pack animals hence the hierarchy. Cats are not.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 13:42:15 »
Guess what - the squirts of water don't scare her any more!  She has to be one of the boldest cats in the world, nothing bothers her. 

I tried stoking her with the stuffed glove on a stick yesterday.  She attacked it.  The other cats back away if I try with them, but not Psycalico.

I turned my back on her yesterday and she swiped at my legs.  Every time I go on my plot she appears from nowhere and follows me around.

E.T. hates her and growls when she goes close, Keith and Wanda just keep out of her way.

I wish I could get her to guard the pavilion - we'd never get burgled again!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 14:43:37 »
I wonder if she has some sort of hormone trouble that makes her so stroppy.. :-X Next time you have chance to chat with vet ask about Psicalico's behavior..is she like that only to you or other people as well?
I was just thinking if she would become trouble with attacking children etc... :-\
Maybe you have to start mixing some 'poppy juice' in her treats to calm her down :-X ;)

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 16:03:35 »
Strange to say it but she actually likes you Betty. She looks like a typical naughtie tortie to me. IF she didnt like you she would give you a wide berth. I know she is neutered now and when things are settled down you can buy a spray called "Felifriend" its part of the Feliway range. You spray it on your hands and to a cat its an imediate pacifyer. It will calm them down straight away. When you do cat rescue you use this product if you have a very aggresive cat.  Do you grow catnip on the plot? They love this and love it when its dried too.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 16:45:55 »
I think she loves you too.  The allotment cat was scared of me, and I love cats, but I just sat down and now he/she comes to me and lets me stroke it, but doesn't follow me about or wait for the cars of the people that feed it.  Probably not a good idea to get them too tame, as they wouldn't survive in the wild if they trusted all people, and some people hate cats and are very nasty.  I don't blame cats for being scared of people, but they do usually love the hand that feeds them.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 17:17:13 »
When we saw her the other day she was rolling on her back and looking at Betty
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal