Author Topic: if you were only growing...  (Read 4188 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: if you were only growing...
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 22:37:46 »
Only one?... probably PFA, possibly Congo... but as I have a potato day less than a mile from my house next weekend I could get 20 different plants into the positions if I wanted :D..... I'd probably split so that I had 5 PFA, 5 Setanta, 5 Congo and 5 Lady Christl. Thankfully I'm not in that position, I will be growing lots of spuds this year cos I have a new plot to clear..

chrisc

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 11:00:20 »
I was also about to suggest a Potato Day, if any are near you - that way you could get a few of each. I do know what you mean about swap partners, I couldn't try all the ones I do without a couple of friends to share stuff with  :)

Let us know what you get!  :D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 12:11:38 »
Went to Wilkos today. They didn't have a lot there, so I got Nicola and PFAs. Then saw a pound shop and went in and got Charlottes (can't do without those!) and Maris Peer. It was all a bit impulsey really!

I might go to a potato day too, although I shall have to show some restraint as I have 26 potatoes already!
gone to pot :D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 14:17:40 »
We went into B&Q yesterday & they have potatoes in but I could only find second earlies & main crop they did have basket plants in ::) with  a sign at the side of them, so not in full view, not to put outside yet.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 14:46:39 »
Rocket or Kestrel, Wiko's, B&Q, The Range, Pound Shops and loads of others do them in small amounts.   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 15:49:17 »
Oooo sounds like a great selection!

It was all a bit impulsey really!

ssshhhhhhhhh   ;)  :) I'm sure it was all planned and thoroughlly researched  ......  ;)  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal