Author Topic: Fabric conditioner allergy  (Read 16153 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: Fabric conditioner allergy
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 14:48:02 »
A lovely shed and a tumble dryer, you are so lucky.  My clothes are drying on the radiators and do go very stiff.
;D ;D ;D
I've got clothes like that  :)
sanity is overated

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 23:56:44 »
Not impressed with the lenor stuff got a free sample for harriet :( you can smell it all over the house.

Up to 10 years ago i never used fabric conditioner because of my skin husband always used it so the compromised we have is that i use the refills for the hypoallergenic fabric conditioner and i mix this with 3 times the amount of water and only use 1/2 the amount in the machine :) works for me ;)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 15:49:21 »
and the smell lasts for ever, even after washing and washing.  

Yes you are right Borlotti!! I have washed a couple of my fleeces three times and can still smell the Lenor on them!
Very potent stuff!!
I can recommend it though if you want your fragrances to last!
I will not be using it anymore. Seems a little worrying that a fabric conditoner will last through three bio washes!! :o
I remember when I was doing beauty therapy at college....the oil we used for massages was a cheap buy it by the lorry load rapeseed oil. You could never get rid of the stains or the rancid fat smell no matter how many washes you carried out!!

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Mrs Gumboot

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 19:44:01 »
Use fairy non bio & no conditioner on the little uns clothes & am surprised that I can't really tell the difference between his stuff & ours that I've used conditioner on. Once I've finished the lot that I've got I don't think I'll bother getting any more. Never use it on towels anyway as I find it tends to reduce the absorbency.

Usually use the eco ones or comfort pure as I can't stand the smell from most of them. Our old lodger used to use it by the truck load & just smelling it on her clothes on the airer was more than enough.

Those washing ball thingies can be purchased from Lakeland I think.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 20:25:16 »
I stopped using fabric softener years ago as I couldn't stand thee artifical smell.  Used those wash balls for years and still do on my coloureds as they don't have bleach in them. 

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 13:48:46 »
How do wash balls work ?

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal