Author Topic: WHITEFLY - POLYTUNNEL  (Read 12693 times)

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: WHITEFLY - POLYTUNNEL
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2004, 10:21:39 »
Piglet - 'natural gardener' - that will be my self-description from now on.  It embodies my whole take on lottie gardening - not just not using stuff, but working with the seasons as well.

I love it

Ceri
a natural gardener
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: WHITEFLY - POLYTUNNEL
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2004, 13:36:45 »
I wont repeat myself so for my stance on organic growing please see my post in ' News - Organic or not?'

Iwould though like to add to that here in resoponse to comments in this thread.

To be totaly 100% organic is a goal few can really acheive for practical reasons.  If those of us with organic priciples tried to be totaly organic we would all end up disapering up out own backsides trying.

What we can though do is do as much as we practicaly can to apply organic principles to our plots. Ok so if we have to occasionaly ad artificial fertilser or buyin peat based compost, so be it. We know exactly what we are putting in so will know exactly what to expect out. I can live with that.

We cannot though legislate for the posibliity of 'outside contamination' eg wing blown chemicals from crop spraying or residuals in manure. We can try yo limit it by vetting thes ource of manure, but it is largely outside our control.  What we do ourselves to our plots/soil/crops is the important thing. This we CAN  control.  It is all a matter of choice and free will. We do at least still have that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:01 by -1 »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal