Author Topic: How sad am I?  (Read 1428 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
How sad am I?
« on: January 04, 2011, 19:32:37 »
Hi

I am sitting here doing what i do evey year....

Yep planning next christmas !!!!

No i am not mad - well not clinicaly :)

Every year i sit here i pull out copies of all the recipies for the christmas food that i have seen on the tv and file them and create my 2 week food plan for christmas and new years and make a note of what worked this year and what did not. Make a note of the size of turkey we had and if it was enough...

I even create a open document for collecting information for gifts for people which i populate over the year so its just a matter of ordering whats on the list. I even have my christmas cards for next year.

This means i can actualy enjoy the event rather than shopping like someone with there head cut off which is what i used to be like.

So how mad am i?

cam

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: How sad am I?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 19:35:11 »
On a scale of 1-10? I'd say 8. ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 19:35:53 »
phew only a 8 :)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 19:39:08 »
Very unmad IMHO. I wish I was as organized & you with a bundle of joy too ;D.
After all those recipes can be used at other times of the year & best to assess them while fresh in your mind.
My daughter posted on facebook that she is turning intyo her mother. She had bought Christmas cards in the sale ::). Her sister posted that it happens to us all ;D.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 19:50:29 »
Just a tad cambourne.

Whilst I know Christmas Day is going to be 25th December, every year, I prefer to let it come up as a bit of a surprise, around 10th December. ;D ;D

We manage to get our shopping done in time.  We don't starve.  I should have to say I already can't remember what worked and didn't this Christmas. ;D ;D

It's probably got something to do with 'I hate this time of year'.  Nothing to do in the garden/greenhouse.  We didn't notice the partial eclipse of the sun this morning as it was overcast and as black as the hobs of hell out there until almost lunchtime. ;D ;D

valmarg

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 20:05:17 »
hehe turning into your mother ha

Well i have to get organised if i am going to go back to work while i can and this will be my 3rd year doing it like this and to seams to work. Harriets asleep so i am trying to get it sorted while i can. I have my 2 wk plan from this year with my notes scribbles and ticks and have typed these up and applied to next christmas....

(Just emailed to re-order turkey and ham from butchers does that make me a 9 now?)

Missed the eclipse :( forgot all about it!!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 20:44:54 »
Madder than the maddest of mad.    :P :P :P :P :P :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 20:49:34 »
I have bought my Xmas cards, wrapping paper and crackers, all less than half price, and even told OH if I am not around next year to give them to the children/grandchildren.  Haven't got any presents yet.  It is bad enough buying the food without paying twice the price for extras.  I am very sad, but don't care, but I am not overdrawn at the bank.

daitheplant

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 21:05:34 »
I would say totally. ;D ;D ;D ;D When it comes down to it, Christmas is just a one day holiday nowadays. Having said that, one of our local shops was open Christmas morning here.
DaiT

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 21:07:50 »
Borlotti I am with you 100%. My friend moved to Portugal a couple of years ago. We  used to shop soooooooo well together. We used to go to Chester towards the end of Jan. M&S sales were brill at the time. We'd get paper, cards, tags things to put away for Easter etc.
On Christmas eve OH & I went into Wilmslow. I was guides past Sainsbury's & taken on a detour on the way back to the car. My friend phoned over Christmas & we were laughing about our shopping expeditions. She comes over twice a year & we leave home at 9.30ish am & get back 12 hours later. We do have a Chinese banquet that lasts a couple of hours.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal