Author Topic: Anyone recommend me a good diary for the plot, and also a seed tin/container?  (Read 4960 times)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
A diary can be any sort of notebook, one that will fit in the pocket with a pencil so that notes can be made with grubby fingers for later copying out either on to the computer or into a decent hard back book.

I think there is a way of doing it on spread sheets so that you can cross reference too. Years since I did the course, but there is something in my mind about it. Google have good facilities for storing information on their e-mail. You can't loose it then because where ever you are you can go on any computer and check it out.

For seeds
Some one gave me a container which was used for floppy disc storage. It will only take small seed packets. I have also used shoe boxes.

I wonder if those things you can hang in a wardrobe with pockets in to put shoes away would work, suspended in the shed If there is spare wall space

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=shoe+tidy&tag=mh0a9-21&index=garden&hvadid=23827495&ref=pd_sl_7w5icyfo93_e

That is the sort of thing I mean.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:36:48 by PurpleHeather »

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
I have a small 4 drawer filing cabinet I use for storing all my serds, then use an expanding box file to put that years seeds in 'sow by month' order. I have found keeping a sowing diary helpful if you keep it up to date with comments, for example reminders to self that sowing tomato seeds too early when I don't have a heated greenhouse is not a good idea! But the varying annual weather plays such an important part I'm not sure it is always useful in the end really! :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

PeterVV

• Half Acre
Well, my mother gave me a page a day diary a few days ago, as she had two given her for christmas.So thats the diary sorted.
I also had a shaving kit thingy which came ina leather look bag which looks waterproof and has a handle, so I may use that for my seeds... ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal