Author Topic: 4X4's keeping the country going  (Read 3409 times)

ACE

• Hectare
4X4's keeping the country going
« on: December 22, 2010, 17:27:03 »
But they will still be knocking them again next summer. Medical staff given lifts, old people taken shopping, towing out snowed in micras (spit). I could not do my bit this year but I will be ready in january for the next bout.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: 4X4's keeping the country going
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 17:48:35 »
What have you got ACE?  Of course, I'm not thinking of changing my Micra (spit)
but my son needs a 4 x 4.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 17:54:23 »
Well Im not going to knock em as my mates 4x4 has got me into work all week..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 18:03:02 »
What have you got ACE?  Of course, I'm not thinking of changing my Micra (spit)
but my son needs a 4 x 4.

I have a ford ranger twincab pickup, which is good for work and play. I shall be getting a nice V8 jeep  grande cheroke in the new year which is also 4x4 to replace her silly little corso (c'mon). If your son needs a 4X4 tell him not to get a pickup type. the insurance is stupid unless you can set it against business.

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 18:17:16 »
Ive got a 1979  series 3 landrover called maggie for obvious reasons ;D It might be a bit heavy on the fuel front but its in fine condition and still has years of use in, and is cheap as chips for spare parts, and its fantastic fun in the snow, pulling people that are stuck is a regular occurrence this past few weeks.
it costs me £100 to insure and thats with breakdown cover aswell and it only cost me £400 to buy. ;D
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 18:37:03 »
Those round here (the yummy mummys!) who won't get their tyres dirty by pulling over on to the verge to allow another vehicle to pass certainly haven't risked getting them covered in snow, however that said those who have them for real reasons & who know how to drive them have been wonderful

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 18:45:33 »

Driving a SWB Landy we use on the shoot 1968 vintage tax exempt, ;D

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 18:50:17 »
wish i had a 4 x 4 when i was walking home from night shifts in the snow certainly slept well though

hartshay

• Not So New ...
  • Growing slowly
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 20:25:28 »
My 1953 Series 1 Land Rover has not missed a beat during the snow and ice.  Still needs care when driving in 10cm deep snow over ice.... sometimes I also have to use 4wd when things get really difficult on steeper slopes.  Only a 2 litre petrol engine so is reasonably efficient as well!  (oh also £70 tax per year and no road tax)  Not quick but reliable, cheap and easy to fix if it goes wrong).   ;)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 21:14:18 »
I have a Ranger 4x4 for work, and it's a good wagon.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 07:23:56 »
4x4 driversits all their fault in the first place creating more work for emergency services because they are driven by idiots who dont know how to drive them. and belch out four times as much pollution as an ordinary car creating more climate change, moving the gulf stream further from us cuasing the snowy winters and flooded summers !!

I often have to drive up snow banks in my punto becuase the selfish morons cant judge the width of thiers or understand that they can drive on something that isnt a road surface.

The lightness of my hatchback means that i rarely get stuck and my interlect and politeness mean that i dont make every other driver on the roads expereince horrendous.

ps i do have off road driving with trailer training for work, shame that this doesnt come free with those ugly belching boxes.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 07:56:52 »
4x4 driversits all their fault in the first place creating more work for emergency services because they are driven by idiots who dont know how to drive them. and belch out four times as much pollution as an ordinary car creating more climate change, moving the gulf stream further from us cuasing the snowy winters and flooded summers !!

I often have to drive up snow banks in my punto becuase the selfish morons cant judge the width of thiers or understand that they can drive on something that isnt a road surface.

The lightness of my hatchback means that i rarely get stuck and my interlect and politeness mean that i dont make every other driver on the roads expereince horrendous.

ps i do have off road driving with trailer training for work, shame that this doesnt come free with those ugly belching boxes.

[/quoteWhat do you know about driving in snow, your're a woman, ;D

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 08:21:20 »
So what caused the gulf stream to shift in previous centuries when they had fairs on the frozen Thames? No 4x4's to blame then for climate change.

stooriefit

• Not So New ...
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 10:28:03 »
Its only bad drivers who need 4x4's  ;D ;D ;D
O\\\' wad some Poo\\\'er the Giftie gie us,
tae see oorsels as ithers see us.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 11:04:11 »

I didn't know the nissan micra(spit) came as a 4X4  ;)

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 11:46:59 »

I didn't know the nissan micra(spit) came as a 4X4  ;)
The future of four-wheel drive has changed forever. Nissan has just unveiled the world's lightest, most cost-effective 4x4 system, and fitted it to its latest supermini. The new Micra spit combines the pow-er of a petrol engine with the versatility of an electric motor to provide the car with maximum grip.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 11:56:13 »
The new Micra spit(fire)..."fly you from A to B" ;D ;D ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 14:56:46 »
Some of the gas guzzlers are charging their own neighbours to pull them up the hill and out of drifts.  :'( :'( :'(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal