Author Topic: Is it true?  (Read 5275 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Is it true?
« on: December 15, 2010, 20:23:18 »
his was sent to me today. I have not had time to check if it is really true.

Could it be?

if it's true it's a disgrace.

There should be a national outcry about it.

I'm lost for words.

So ‘Pathetically’ True …       

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.

Are you aware of the following?
            The British Government provides the following financial assistance. 

BENEFIT BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER           
            Weekly allowance                              £100 
            Weekly Spouse allowance                  £25 
            Additional weekly hardship allowance  £0 
            TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT                     £6,000

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN
            Weekly allowance                              £250
            Weekly Spouse allowance                  £225
            Additional weekly hardship allowance  £100

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT                     £29,900

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby for a decent aged pension. After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.     

Sad isn't it?

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
Re: Is it true?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 21:55:05 »
tinkerty tonk

daitheplant

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 22:04:19 »
tinkerty tonk?
DaiT

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 22:04:55 »
Who sent it- BNP or EDL? ::)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 22:10:55 »
tinkerty tonk?

and I meant it to sting.

Bertie Wooster at his finest

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 22:20:37 »
Can I tag on TeeGee?

Read about the current black hole in the local government pension scheme.......£300 per taxpayer per year to block it?

For those of us that haven't been able to afford to contribute to a pension scheme at all, can I reclaim this to put towards my own pension?

Having been bitten by the "save for your own pension through an endowment", there were no pennies left to put towards one.

If we had been in a position to take out a private pension it would have been on the terms of "value of shares can go down as well as up". So please tell me, why oh why should local government employees' pensions be guaranteed?

Ninny

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 22:28:31 »
I also had his sent to me today but it has been around for a long time at least a year or two to my knowledge maybe longer.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 22:37:42 »
The figures (and I am an OAP)

Are not accurate at all. Details can be found here

http://www.direct.gov.uk

Every one's pension depends on what they have accrued and if it falls below a certain level there are pension credits.

Yes there are some pensioners who are on the basic entitlement, mostly women because we were not on equal pay and that is another story.

However,  the figures you have been given are like a lot of literature circulating to try to prove that in this country we are looking after foreigners better than our own is racist and intended to incite racial disharmony.

Yes we do look after other people, probably better than any other country in the world and I am proud about it. I would not want to be in a foreign hospital and left aside in agony whilst it was being checked that I had the insurance to cover my treatment.

There are trouble makers around who want to make out that this wonderful country of ours is giving more to foreigners than we give to our own. It is not true at all.  It is in fact very difficult to enter into the UK and whist there are illegal immigrants and always will be, these poor souls are simply doing their best and living in fear.

People who have to move away from their homeland , friends and family to get a decent future put far more effort into improving themselves than those of us who sit on our bottoms and moan that THEY get more on benefits than we do.

Migrants migrate to better themselves. Not to claim benefits

What you have received to circulate is malicious literature.

In the first half of the 20th century the UK got migrants from Europe they looked like us but had a foreign accent. So today their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren we simply accept as our own because they don't have an accent.

In the second half we got migrants with a different physical apperance, darker skinned and different eye shapes. So their children and grand children do not blend in quite as simply. They will always look different.

Fact.

My doctor, dentist & chemist are all of non European origin.

I have worded that bit carefully
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 22:40:18 by PurpleHeather »

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 22:56:56 »
The figures (and I am an OAP)

Are not accurate at all. Details can be found here

http://www.direct.gov.uk

Every one's pension depends on what they have accrued and if it falls below a certain level there are pension credits.

Yes there are some pensioners who are on the basic entitlement, mostly women because we were not on equal pay and that is another story.

However,  the figures you have been given are like a lot of literature circulating to try to prove that in this country we are looking after foreigners better than our own is racist and intended to incite racial disharmony.

Yes we do look after other people, probably better than any other country in the world and I am proud about it. I would not want to be in a foreign hospital and left aside in agony whilst it was being checked that I had the insurance to cover my treatment.

There are trouble makers around who want to make out that this wonderful country of ours is giving more to foreigners than we give to our own. It is not true at all.  It is in fact very difficult to enter into the UK and whist there are illegal immigrants and always will be, these poor souls are simply doing their best and living in fear.

People who have to move away from their homeland , friends and family to get a decent future put far more effort into improving themselves than those of us who sit on our bottoms and moan that THEY get more on benefits than we do.

Migrants migrate to better themselves. Not to claim benefits

What you have received to circulate is malicious literature.

In the first half of the 20th century the UK got migrants from Europe they looked like us but had a foreign accent. So today their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren we simply accept as our own because they don't have an accent.

In the second half we got migrants with a different physical apperance, darker skinned and different eye shapes. So their children and grand children do not blend in quite as simply. They will always look different.

Fact.

My doctor, dentist & chemist are all of non European origin.

I have worded that bit carefully

bugger! I actually agree with you on something!!

(illegal immigrants, by the very nature of their illegality, can't claim a penny, btw)
You couldn't make it up!

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 23:15:18 »
Very well said PurpleHeather!
Your post cuts right through the c**p and exposes the racist intent behind the message.

Again, well said.

"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 23:20:08 »
Gosh................can I just add my tag on was not supposed to be racist in any way whatsoever. I really should have started a new thread!

Ninny

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 00:36:34 »
Ninny your query is valid very valid indeed...

Local government employees were engaged to do the same work as those in the private sector but (at the time) the wages were  lower, security of employment was a bit better AND there was a decent pension scheme.

Swings and roundabouts

Job security and a decent pension from local and central government decided many to take the job.   A better wage now for others was a personal choice. Two separate packages.

Governments. Local and National can back up promises of not a lot now but more later by the promise that they will always be there to provide that pension package

In short, they got workers on the cheap

(I will add there were private firms who tried the same They died the pension pot went with them )

Now these government and local government workers are all getting to or have reached retirement age .The pension providers (government) are making all sorts of excuses to try to cover up the fact that the money they promised that they would put away for these pensions has a shortfall.

Surprise surprise the pensioners depending on the promised expectations are being labled as spongers in exactly the same way as the 'immigrants' in the earlier post.

Either the local or national taxes have to be increased to meet the promises made in the past so that every one of working age has to pay more to repay these promised pensions or those entitled to those promised pensions wont get them.

End of part one on scheming governments

I rather think at this point a lot of people are either bored or have lost it but please read on and read again.

Now then this student loan business............

What we used to do was give students grants to study.

Then we (by we I mean the government) decided to give loans instead of grants.

Only graduates who actually earned enough would ever have to repay them.

There are a lot of students who took out these loans but did not even complete the course. Others who graduated and went abroad to work.

These people will never be either able or available to repay their student loans to the banks and those loans were timed to expire. When they expire the government is obligated to reimburse the banks.

These systems were in place to off set government expenditure and we (that is we as a nation) have old debts promised which are an obligation.

NIMIF

Is a term meaning NOt In My Time In Office.

Debts have been shelved.

I could be kind here and suggest that politicians expected some thing would happen so that the debts would be absorbed into an economic growth but I will be honest and tell you that all the politicians wanted was to shelve the problems for the future.

We are at the future. There is no money to support the pension schemes there will be no money to pay for unpaid student loans

Thanks for staying with me thus far

Conservative or Labour is not an issue both are equally implicated. It has nothing at all to do with the credit crunch either.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 00:41:10 »
bugger! I actually agree with you on something!!

there is hope for us yet my darling

Zig ZIg seems to have a lot to agree with too

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 01:09:57 »
Zigzag thank you for a very good reply but one thing I might have to disagree with you on is that not all folk in the private sector were necessarily paid as much as those in the public sector.

There are those of us who have strived to make a living over the decades and even now are just above minimum wages in their own businesses.

I do not consider the public sector "would be" pensioners as "spongers" in any way at all....my question is why should they be treated any differently to me?

So tell me.................where has all this public sector pension money disappeared to?

Ninny

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 01:29:32 »
I will also add a "well said" to Purple Heather.  What TeeGee received is just racist propaganda.

I will also add a bit to Zigzig's post concerning those that work for the public sector.  

My OH is a Civil Servant and there used to be a pay committee that would compare the wages of those in the public sector with what people earned in private employment.  They would then add on x amount for job security and another amount for the pension.  Pay rises would then be given for the difference.

However, this scheme was axed and since then Civil servants have been made examples of over the years and pay rises have been very small or non-existent. Pay has fallen well below that of the private sector.

Now, after 40+ years service, when he retires in 2013, my OH will get £13,000 per annum pension.  Not a lot for someone who has been in a middle management position.

Ninnyscrops, there are many Public Servants whose income is below the benefit level so they receive Working Tax credit.  In fact when we lived in Scotland and I wasn't working, we were able to claim a rate rebate because my OH's income was low.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:32:15 by Paulines7 »

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 01:49:59 »
Ninny

That was the point

The money was never there..........

It was all a promise which they can not materialise

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 01:50:59 »
 :o I don't want to make bad friends on here  :o

Paulines7

There are and were the lowly peeps around in the private sector businesses that kept and are still just keeping their heads above water! These little people have also been the backbone of the earnings industry over the years. I wish someone would have said to me that I could keep my wages on the same level as the public sector employees at times and add an x for a pension, but it never crossed my mind. Nor did applying for any kind of tax credit...............if we couldn't earn it we cut back.

All I was saying is why should I have to pay into someone else's pension when I can't and couldn't have afforded to pay into one of my own  ???

Ninny

Edited to say: Both hubby and myself have been in private sector jobs too for 40+ years, and as I mentioned before we put our pennies into an endowment/pension scheme which didn't come to fruition but there was no recall on the taxpayer for any more. x

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:11:28 by Ninnyscrops. »

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 01:53:06 »
Ninny

That was the point

The money was never there..........

It was all a promise which they can not materialise

And I should pay towards it even though I have no additional pension for myself?  :(

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:08:41 by Ninnyscrops. »

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 06:56:12 »
So please tell me, why oh why should local government employees' pensions be guaranteed?

Ninny

These pensions where not free, we paid a hefty sum out of our wages into the pot every month, and as with every other pension scheme the more you put in the more you get out. I shall never be able to go cap in hand for pension credits like the private sector. As we were paying our dues the money went towards the then retired local government/civil service pensioners this was reinvested to make a good return. Unfortunaltly the greedy bankers messed up the scheme and council services were hived off to 'friends and family' under the disguise of competetive tendering, resulting in less workers to contribute to the retirement pot.

The civil service pension scheme is  or will soon be at breaking point, but instead of cutting and running like the private sector pension plans and leaving you all in the lurch, the government are keeping their side of the bargain and paying us what we deserve. Although some could be marginally better off grabbing the pension credits, council tax reductions, subsidised rents etc that come with being able to claim benefits.

So you see, being allegedly guaranteed, saves the government paying us extra benefits from another pot. But it leaves us worse off.

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 09:08:01 »
Having worked in Benefits fraud and in appeals trubinuals I have to say that there are alot of people from abroad abusing our welfare system.

Ive sat in a tribunal where a foreigner has proudly stated he has done his bit for our country by producing 9 children, all of which he was claiming benefit for. He was upset when the chairman told him he'd have done us a better favour having a vasectomy.

Ive been in a tribunal where a woman has blatantly admitted that she entered the country to abuse our system and yet she still won her tribunal.

Ive kicked peoples doors in who were claiming in multiple identitities to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Immigrants do get far more than our people, they get houses over our own people, then whinge they arent big enough, they get loads of benefits all of which they can claim having been able to have forms translated for them by an interpreter paid for by our government, something I dont think nmany other countries would go to the expnse of doing. We pander to people from abroad like no other country does.

I myself have lived abroad as my ex husband was in the forces. I had to give up my job to move country but couldnt claim a penny in unemployment benefit in Germany they dont allow you to when youve willingly given up a job and quite rightly so. . I had to get off my backside and get a job fast, which meant learning a foreign language in weeks something alot of immigrants to our country never bother to do.

I have to say my view of immigrants given my background is very jaded, ok Ive probably seen alot of the worst immigrants but our poor people who have worked all thier lives deserve better, and those who come to our country shouldnt have things handed to them on a plate.

I have worked in both public and private sector, and I am now a stay at home mum. Of course now I dont get a pension paid into unless I pay out of my husbands wages so for staying at home and ensuring that my children are brought up well like all stay at home mums both now and in the past I will of course pay for this in lack of pension.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:04:49 by brownowl23 »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal