Author Topic: Making Tracks  (Read 1589 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Making Tracks
« on: December 23, 2010, 23:27:40 »
Went to the lottie today and was amazed about the number of different tracks across the allotment.

Deer, rabbit, dog.    Particularly interested in a very large bird track.  Feet not webbed.  And another smaller one which did not lift its feet above the top of the snow so had a long thin drag lines between the foot falls - I think this must be the pheasant.

Who as been passing through your allotment?

Chrispy

• Hectare
Re: Making Tracks
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 08:43:37 »
I did not spot much interesting, just cats, foxes and some size 8s that go from shed to shed.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 10:04:37 »
Lots of cat tracks and I think some which are fox.

I can see that the cats are not using one of the shelters because there are no tracks outside it.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:23:07 »
Large unwebbed feet may well be herons looking for frogs.  We have loads round here and egrets too.

Other than that the snow is driftying a great deal - 3' outside our front door - but in the veggie plot where I have the bird feeders there are mice and rat tracks as well as assorted birds.  No pheasants for some reason though they come regularly the rest of the year.  They usually walk across the big arable field at the back though and I suspect they've forgotten they can get here by flying.  Stoopid birds.   Lots of others though including new ones so word has clearly gone out that we have bird food.

No cat tracks.  Ours is staying firmly indoors and we have no stray visitors.  The cat flap is deeply buried under snow.

We're not moving either.  The road to the village is blocked by drifts and the road to town is getting that way.  The only vehicle I've seen go past is a small tractor from the horsey farm over the road and he struggled.    Fortunately we shoppped yesterday so we can manage till the shops open again on Monday - assuming the road gets cleared by then.
Obxx - Vendée France

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 11:11:40 »
I was walking round the other day and saw a lovely fox. I hope we're going to see more of them again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal