• Rochester, Kent
Re: Snow
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2010, 20:04:04 »
Repeating myself from Stolen Snowman:

I'm expecting 2 feet of snow tonight:

pumkinlover

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2010, 18:34:23 »
this is  my first attempt at posting photos -on the general theme of the snow which is still here in plenty and how we are coping with it!!

[attachment=1]

pumpkins being kept warm

[attachment=2]

chickens won't come out of their hut!!

[attachment=3]

the allotment today

[attachment=4]

chicken run

[attachment=5]

view down one side of the allotments

[attachment=6]

more chickens "holed up"

[attachment=7]

parsnips dug up for tea!!!

Anne x

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2010, 19:09:18 »
We have now got a real pea souper outside, I can hear the fog horns blowing away on the solent, really spooky. The last time this happened back in the 80's it froze in the air and everything had a icy glaze even the tree trunks. It killed loads of plants as the bark split when they thawed out. Most of the big cedars lost loads of limbs because of the extra weight. Lets hope it does not freeze.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2010, 19:36:22 »
Yesterday was the first in 10 days that it didn't snow- still very cold and icy- very grateful that my son made it here from Inverness driving overnight on Friday, and then back again today- essential journeys both.  Am hoping that by next weekend, when he has to di it again, it'll be a bit easier!  I do absolutely love how it makes everything look though, and shall be sad when it does eventually go.  Am going to brave a visit to the lottie tomorrow to see how things are- can't wait!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2010, 21:05:27 »
I went to Zurich for a week and ended staying there 10 days because ofthe snow closing Gatwick airport
it snowed in Switzerland as well but they take it in their stride and nothing stops running and delays are rare.
marg
it was good to get back into chaos UK tho
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal