Author Topic: Snow  (Read 7309 times)

lisaparkin

• Acre
Snow
« on: November 30, 2010, 22:30:37 »
We have a good foot+ here in Gainsborough....what about the rest of the country?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 22:48:41 »
We only have a couple of inches here in Derby, but it's working on it....  :)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 22:52:51 »
same here on the coast - popped out to the seafront to take a proper look - and its magical  :)
apart from the BMW drivers trying to get up hills (rear wheel drives!!!) it was nice and peaceful too  :)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 23:43:30 »
22 inches  and sick of it.  wish it would just go but me thinks it will take a few JCB's to remove a lot of it in this village.   Beautiful scenes but needing a big shop now and the roads are treacherous. 

:'( :'( :'(

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 23:48:30 »
Its just taken me 2 and a half hours to drive the 10 miles home from work....not a gritter or snow plough in sight!
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 23:53:47 »
22 inches  and sick of it.  wish it would just go but me thinks it will take a few JCB's to remove a lot of it in this village.   Beautiful scenes but needing a big shop now and the roads are treacherous. 

:'( :'( :'(

Sorry to hear about all your snow.   Can you not put in an order for a grocery delivery from a Supermarket or do they not have them in your part of the world?  Their lorries may cope with the conditions better than your own car.

Sorry to read about your problems Fork.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 03:28:25 »
Just a sprinkle in Swindon.  The ice is the problem on the foot paths.  Off to work now, not looking forward to the journey, but least at this time off the morning no much about and a nice set of warm ovens to cuddle upto when I get my frozen body there  ;D ;) Just add veg curry for breakfast.  Take care all. Regards Taurus

Lizann

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 07:22:26 »
About 8 inches here in Ayrshire and still snowing.  The ploughs are doing a great job of keeping main roads open and all the schools are still open, surprisingly! 
Lizann :0)

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 07:42:25 »
Into the seconed week of it now and it is still arriving. Sat in the bay window this morning looking over the North Sea and it is black with snow cloud. Each day i have been down the allotment had to knock of at least 4" of snow off the pollytunnel appart from one morning when instead of snow it rained the night before.
We have had the lot snow, hail, rain, thunder and lighting, and it now time to gear up and toddle of down to the allotment.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 07:43:34 »
We have about half of that Lizann but over 200 schools are shut today!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 08:44:36 »
Around 2ft all in.  In my back garden,  snow is up to the rim at the top of my wellies!!  (Guisborough, Teeside)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

pumkinlover

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 09:19:33 »
Just a sprinkle in Swindon.  The ice is the problem on the foot paths.  Off to work now, not looking forward to the journey, but least at this time off the morning no much about and a nice set of warm ovens to cuddle upto when I get my frozen body there  ;D ;) Just add veg curry for breakfast.  Take care all. Regards Taurus
do you work in a bakery Taurus -sounds like a very early start!!!
I am back to work tomorrow and not looking forward to it-some of the villages I have to go to are very remote!
OH just got back from going to feed chickens on allotment and snow gone right over and into his wellies  :(

lisaparkin

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 09:32:38 »
2 foot plus drifting...over the top of my wellies.....got to walk to work in 1/2 hour!!!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 10:06:38 »
No snow, but my brass monkey needs a welding job.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 10:37:44 »
We've got about 6".and it's been snowing heavily all morning. My daughter was supposed to have an interview at Lancaster uni today. Was going to drive but decided this morning to go by train but the snow and traffic into york was so bad we gave up and came home. She will be given another date but she was all psyched up for it and I've wasted a precious day's holiday. >:(

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 10:47:14 »
Tons of the stuff ;D Just spent couple of hours shoveling it aside to be able to open gates etc. Had to clear some paths for neighbours too as the wind blew loads against their gates and doors and they were not able to get out.
It was really nice to be out on street same time with  neighbours who you don't normally have chance to see  much.
We had good chat while clearing some of the street..we had some dogs running free, really enjoying the moment of freedom. ;D ;D..and not a single car able to move ;D ::) Like different landscape for a while ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 15:31:50 »
I can't believe some of the pictures on the telly, the bit of dust that fell last night blew away, I am glad I am stuck indoors  but would not go out in it anyway if it was here.

They are still forecasting some to come here later, even the hospital have put out a call for 4x4 owners to get in touch, I've put my name down but my nipper will have to drive it as I am not insured until I get the all clear from the physio terrorists .

Still look on the bright side, With all this 'poor man's fertiliser' laying about it will be bumper crops next year.

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 15:47:29 »
Only about 4 inches but more forecast tonight.

Ninny

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 19:14:12 »
I had to dress Brandy for the occasion...I would not like to loose her amongst all the snow ::)
[attachment=1]

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 19:34:25 »
This is the view to our allotments this morning
[attachment=1]

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal