Author Topic: Christmas present for a traveller?  (Read 792 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Christmas present for a traveller?
« on: November 28, 2010, 19:50:57 »
My son, aged 24, is away on his travels and will be in Thailand at Christmas. No doubt we will put some money into his bank account, but would also like to send him a "little something". Any ideas? It would need to be small, lightweight, and something that wouldn't be a nuisance to be carried around as he's likely to be away for at least 6 months, probably longer, and maybe something to remind him of an English Christmas.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Re: Christmas present for a traveller?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:28:25 »
Having spent a few Christmasses in Thailand I can tell you that they have, with the exception of roast turkey, more there to remind one of 'home' than we do here.

There is everything from every part of the world for sale or on display. Certainly in the big towns and cities. Which have their own version of Tesco (lotus). Carrefore, and much more. Loads of expats live there because it is a cheap place to retire to.

I am sure he will appreciate anything you send him, because it is from you. Chances are though he can get the same or a replica at half the price you paid.

A Christmas card with a photo of the Queen on purple note in it would probably be as good as anything. (not too much in case it goes astray).

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Christmas present for a traveller?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:33:05 »
MY kids done the back packing bit, both got a St Christopher as a small pressy before they went.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal