Author Topic: Will you be buying a hat ?  (Read 8094 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: Will you be buying a hat ?
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 09:53:07 »
Its such a shame that when we hear any good news we always wonder whats being covered up. I wonder why  ::)
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

gordonsveg

• Acre
  • 68 years old ,
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2010, 11:05:59 »
Didnt the government have something to say about families on D.S.S?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2010, 12:08:20 »

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 12:28:49 »
 ;D the 2 court jesters, of course  ;D

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2010, 12:44:43 »
I think it's nice :)  I'm not a royalist nor an anti royalist but I love what a royal wedding brings out in the UK.  ...

it's almost as good as a Royal funeral for making it easy to find a parking space in Oxford for starters, all the idiots that are usually blocking them up are glued to the telly......

Mahooli

• Not So New ...
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2010, 15:35:04 »
I'm a royalist and I think it is great news!! I wish them all well. Tis funny, though, that people are complaining about how much it is going to cost the tax payer (I believe the Royal family cost us each 61p a year so hardly breaking the bank) and then complain that she got Diana's engagement ring. How much would you rather he spent on a ring?
Remember he is a future king!!
Becky

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2010, 14:42:46 »
Becky it's dark, damp and cold so they have nothing better to do than moan, the rings been recycled so what more do you want,  ;)  you wait till Ace and myself come back from the wedding and you alll want to see our piccies, aaahh its different then isn't it, ow go on thats have a look, I'll see you at the stag do Ace.    ;)       ;D ;D ;D   PS who wants a corgi kicked.     :-X
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 08:31:01 »
Corny and Ace. I will meet you there. I think my invitation must be in the post. :) I'll pick Rosebud up on the way.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2010, 10:14:07 »
Corny and Ace. I will meet you there. I think my invitation must be in the post. :) I'll pick Rosebud up on the way.

They will have to cancel all leave of the household guard then.

Just to look after the brandy ;D  and to step in to stop Kev when he starts dad dancing :D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2010, 10:22:28 »
 ;D ;D ;D  @ Ace

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 12:34:03 »
I don't suppose the whingers will want the day off for the wedding will they? ;D ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 12:42:21 »
 ;D ;D ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 15:45:24 »
Course they will Ace, no it wasn't me it was the the others, oooowww   I love a good wedding.  :P :P :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2010, 18:09:57 »
Not the greatest news for me as I have to take all bank holidays out of my leave!  I've just worked an extra to day to bump up my leave and now I'm going to have to use it to cover this day off instead, grrrr (but at least I can sit and watch the wedding ;D ;D)

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2010, 18:54:20 »
Not the greatest news for me as I have to take all bank holidays out of my leave!

That is very unfair... Does that include public holidays as well as bank holidays?  How many days do you get in total, as there is a legal minimum... (I cannot remember what it is...)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 19:48:12 »
Mat, I have to take them all out my leave.  Christmas, New Year, Easter, May, August etc etc.  I get 17 days holiday a year and have to save about 8 of them ::) When I looked on the government website, it said that these days are down to employer discretion and don't have to be given/paid so I guess my employers don't lean on the side of giving, LOL!

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 20:18:31 »
Mat, I have to take them all out my leave.  Christmas, New Year, Easter, May, August etc etc.  I get 17 days holiday a year and have to save about 8 of them ::)

Wow, that doesn't even allow a 2 week holiday unless you take it at a bank holiday time (expensive.)  At my previous company we HAD to take at least one 2 week holiday, as they realised people needed a long break once a year.

Do you work full time?  This site states people working 5 days a week are entitled to a minimum of 28 days a year...  http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Timeoffandholidays/DG_10029788  if you work part time and work Mondays, then you are screwed!

mat

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2010, 22:18:40 »

Just to look after the brandy ;D 

Oooh can I volunteer for that, ;D ;D  It is my favouritest tipple.  Might not be too much left for the rest of you. ;D ;D

valmarg

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2010, 22:25:59 »
Don't worry Valmarg I have plenty in stock for everyone (ironic thing is although my kids say "Watch out Mum is on the brandy" I sometimes don't have a drink for months but when we have company or I go to the kids for an evening I am inclined to hit the bottle lol)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2010, 22:45:23 »
Mat, I have to take them all out my leave.  Christmas, New Year, Easter, May, August etc etc.  I get 17 days holiday a year and have to save about 8 of them ::) When I looked on the government website, it said that these days are down to employer discretion and don't have to be given/paid so I guess my employers don't lean on the side of giving, LOL!

I'm sorry samlouise, but are you saying that your entire holiday entitlement is 17days, minus the nine days bank holidays, ie only eight days.

I think you will find that Bank Holidays are mandatory,  and are not part of your annual holiday entitlement.  If your company is doing otherwise, I think it is acting illegally.

valmarg

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal